become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ships_and_Shipping/Ports
Ships and Shipping
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Transport: Ships and Shipping: Ports
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Maritime: Ports
Aberdeen Harbour Board
- One of the busiest ports in Britain handling almost 9,000 vessels annually - including North Sea oil and ferry traffic.
Associated British Ports
- Company provides port facilities and services to shippers and cargo owners. Includes information for investors and shareholders.
Associated British Ports - Grimbsy & Immingham
- Maps, commodities and facilities.
Associated British Ports Humber Estuary Services
- Discusses the Rivers Humber, Ouse and Trent for commercial and leisure users, including pilotage, tidal, navigation and statutory issues.
- East Devon Council discusses this recreational and inshore fishery port and its navigation.
Bembridge Harbour Trust
- Registered charity seeks to promote Bembridge Harbour on the Isle of Wight .
- Bo'ness is situated on the Firth of Forth, west of Edinburgh. The harbour has a long and interesting history dating back to 80AD when Agricola invaded Scotland, but it was closed to commercial trade in 1959.
British Ports Association
- Trade association offers background and policy concerns on the UK ports and harbours industry, and provides a list of its members.
Cattewater Harbour Commission
- Port in Plymouth, England, offering access to privately owned facilities for both commercial shipping and leisure craft.
Chichester Harbour Conservancy
- Providing up to date information on all aspects of chichester harbour. Details on leisure, sailing, navigation, moorings, environment, education and harbour facilities. Plus local weather and tide information.
- Company manages the River Clyde and the ports of Glasgow, Greenock, Hunterston and Ardrossan on the west coast of Scotland.
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - Harbour Master
- Council for the Outer Hebrides or Western Isles discusses ferry ports, piers and harbours, as well as safety and traffic routing.
DP World Southampton
- Includes news, container terminal pictures and container terminal plan. Full contact details provided.
Dart Harbour and Navigation Authority
- Describes this busy port located on the River Dart, Dartmouth, South Devon, England and its facilities for local fishing vessels, naval shipping, cruise ships and private vessels. Includes news and events calendar.
- Details of the ferry port, cruise terminal and marina, plus information for passengers.
- Privately owned modern facility at Great Yarmouth integrating a new deep-water outer harbour with a well established river port. Includes details of the commercial facilities, and marine and corporate information.
Eastport UK Cargo Handling Ltd
- Cargo handlers and stevedores handling all types of import and export commodities. Heavy lifts and project cargo a speciality. Timber, steel products and paper distributors UK wide. Covered and open storage.
- Port in Cornwall discusses tall ships, the yacht haven, approaches and visitor facilities.
Forth Ports PLC
- Company operates ports in the United Kingdom, including Grangemouth and Tilbury.
- Trust port in Cornwall welcomes cruise ships, commercial vessels and pleasure boats. Includes a map of the harbour and a photo gallery. Port is operated by the Fowey Harbour Commissioners.
- Information about facilities for fishing, commercial cargo, and oil-related vessels, and repair capabilities. Also has news and weather.
Gloucester Harbour Trustees
- Detailed information covering Gloucester Harbour and pilotage.
Happold Safe & Secure: The Port of Weston
- Describes this proposed facility in Runcorn and its facilities, connections and security plan.
Harwich Haven Authority
- News, information, bylaws and notices to mariners, for the Harwich harbour ports of Harwich Navyard, Harwich international port, Mistley, Ipswich and Felixstowe.
Harwich International Port
- Discusses the container port and cruise ship terminal at Harwich.
- Built in the 19th century for the herring fishing, and still a working focus for the town; includes a history, and details for users.
Historic Docks: England and Scotland
- Provides aerial views and videos of historic docks, ports and quays in Liverpool, London, Edinburgh and along the Clyde, and some of the famous ships built there.
- Celebrates the centenary of the port and town of Immingham.
Inverness Harbour Trust
- Offering information on the port of Inverness. Details of facilities, maps and tidal information.
Lerwick Port Authority
- The principal port for Shetland, Lerwick is an integral component in the islands' economic infrastructure. At the crossroads of the North Sea and the North-east Atlantic, it is also Britain's most northerly commercial port.
- The Ports of Sheerness and Chatham Docks in Kent, southeast England.
Milford Haven Port Authority
- News on vessels arriving and at berth, escort and pilotage, safety and notices to mariners, with commercial and recreational sections. [Pembrokeshire, Wales]
Open Sandwich in Kent, UK: Richborough Port
- Defunct port was used by the British military during the two world wars.
Orkney Islands Council Marine Services
- Information for the mariner and port user to assist in using the marine facilities offered in Orkney. Discusses operations and development issues and lists weather reports, port news, and notices to mariners.
Peterhead Port Authority
- Manages the port of Peterhead; includes information about services and facilities, location details, news and a history.
Poole Harbour Commissioners
- An informative site with details on the leisure and commercial activities within one of the world's largest natural harbours.
Port of Berwick
- Port at the mouth of the River Tweed discusses its dredging programme and facilities for cargo vessels, cruise ships and leisure boats.
Port of Berwick-upon-Tweed
- Unofficial site offers photos and history of the harbour plus details of the facilities available and links to local amenities.
Port of Blyth
- Port in northeast England providing conservancy, stevedoring, warehousing and distribution services. Describes the destinations served and the types of cargo handled.
Port of Liverpool
- Operated by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company. Information about the docks and the companies that use them, including financial information, a business directory, and port maps.
Port of Liverpool
- England major West Coast port with substantial trade to Ireland.
Port of London
- Information on the commercial, maritime and leisure services and facilities of the port of London including trade and business directories, notice to mariners and ship movements for the River Thames.
Port of Mostyn
- Facility in North Wales offers offshore windmill construction support and roro facilities.
Port of Seaham
- Port in the northwest operated by Seaham Harbour Dock Company, a unit of Victoria Group.
Port of Truro
- Commercial quay, laid up shipping and leisure facilities. Several downloads including charts and the Fal Estuary and Creeks leaflet.
Portland Port and Harbour
- Portland Harbour describes terminals and services for cargo and cruise ships at this former Royal Navy port.
Ports and Harbours of the United Kingdom
- Lists over 700 ports, harbours, jetties and piers around the coastline of the United Kingdom. Includes some former ports which have been abandoned or redeveloped.
Ports of Scotland
- A comprehensive guide to over 80 of Scotland's commercial ports and harbours.
- Provided details and associated businesses with real time tide information.
Shetland Islands Council - Ports and Harbours
- In addition to Sullom Voe the Shetland Islands Council, as Harbour Authority, has responsibility for the operation of a number of smaller ports and piers located around the islands.
Southampton VTS - ABP Southampton
- Southampton Vessel Traffic Services by Associated British Ports provides tidal conditions and port information.
Stornoway Port Authority
- Discusses all aspects of arriving in Stornoway by sea, including the harbour, fishing, the commercial port, the Slipway as well as cruise liners and pleasure craft.
- Ships agents at the port of Falmouth, established in 1946. Including latest news, pictures and weather information. Full contact details provided.
The Confederation of the Cinque Ports
- Historic association of maritime towns in Kent and Sussex. Includes history, heraldic and ceremonial information, events, contacts and links about the ports and associated towns.
The Cromarty Firth Port Authority
- Offers details on support offered, conservancy, news and contact details.
- Fishing port offers good protection for shipping, with deep anchorages available for cruise ships and drill ships.
United Kingdom Major Ports Group (UKMPG)
- Trade association representing most of the larger commercial ports in the United Kingdom.
Victoria Group - Port of Boston
- Describes the facilities and connections of this port on the Wash in Lincolnshire.
Wick Harbour Authority
- Information about facilities for fishing, commercial, and leisure vessels; includes a history, and current weather and tide links.
- Details of commercial cargo handling facilities and services at Whitby, Scarborough, and Filey, as well as amenities, maps and contact information.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:03:43 PM EDT -