become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rail/Operating_Companies
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Rail: Operators
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Transport: Public Transport: Rail
- Company leases locomotives and other rolling stock in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Arriva is one of the largest bus and train transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 34,000 people and delivering more than one billion passenger journeys across nine European countries every year.
Arriva Trains Wales
- Trains in Wales and the borders. Journey planner, news and information about promotions, engineering work and stations.
Association of Train Operating Companies
- Industry association advocates on behalf of its member companies and provides them with shared marketing, accounting and operational services.
- Rail services for London, Tilbury and Southend. Timetables, ticket sales, journey planning and news of events feature on the site.
- Overnight sleeping car train services operating between London Euston and Scotland.
- Operates trains between London, Birmingham, High Wycombe and Aylesbury. Site offers rail information, train times, ticket sales and places to visit en route.
- Rail freight operator hauls aggregates and timber.
- Passenger train company operates about 1,500 route miles and calls at more than 100 stations, from Aberdeen to Penzance, and from Stansted to Cardiff.
DB Schenker Rail (UK)
- The UK's main railfreight operating company. Company information, news and job opportunities. Formerly English Welsh & Scottish Railway.
Direct Rail Services
- National rail freight operator serves the nuclear fuels industry and other customers in the United Kingdom.
Directly Operated Railways
- Special purpose holding company which took over the East Coast franchise from National Express East Coast.
Docklands Light Railway
- Travel, service and tourist information. Trains run from the Tower through to Canary Wharf to Isle of Dogs and Greenwich.
- Rail transport from London (Kings Cross) to the North east of England and Scotland, from a Government-run franchise. Includes online ticket booking, route and company information.
East Midlands Trains
- Operates from Yorkshire and the East Midlands to London St Pancras over routes formerly run by Midland Mainline. Includes ticket booking, fares and timetabling information.
- The high-speed passenger train operating between London, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Resort Paris and beyond. Fares, timetables and bookings information.
First Capital Connect
- Provides fast and frequent cross London rail services from Bedford through to Brighton. First Capital Connect operates trains between London, Brighton, Bedford, Peterborough, Cambridge and King's Lynn. Formerly Thameslink Rail and Great Northern.
- Freight train operator handles marine containers, commodities and merchandise. With press releases, vision statement and photos of locomotives. Formerly GB Railfreight.
First Great Western
- Train services run on the lines between London Paddington, South Wales, the Cotswolds and the West of England. Tickets can be purchased online and timetables are available, along with company news and real-time travel information.
Freightliner Group Limited
- Rail freight operator providing port-to-door intermodal and heavy haul commodity services.
- Fast rail transit between Gatwick Airport and London Victoria Railway Stations.
- UK company operates train and bus services under several franchises and brand names.
Grand Central Train Services
- Company explains its plan to offer high-speed train service from London Kings Cross to Sunderland by way of York, Thirsk, Northallerton, Eaglescliffe (for Middlesbrough) and Hartlepool.
Heart of Wessex Railway
- Information from the Bristol to Weymouth Rail Partnership, made up of the train operator, First Great Western, and the 10 local authorities through which the line runs.
- Passenger train service connects local stations. Hayes and Harlington, Southall, Hanwell, West Ealing, Ealing Broadway, and London Paddington with Heathrow Airport. Includes timetable and fares.
- Direct London to Hull service. News, timetables, information.
- Guide to passenger transport in Hertfordshire helps users plan bus and rail journeys and provides updates on ticket offers and bus and rail service changes.
- Operator of the eight and half miles of passenger railway on the Isle of Wight, serving Ryde, Brading, Sandown, Lake and Shanklin. Part of Stagecoach.
- Local and long distance services across central England. Maps, timetables, tickets and company information are available.
London Overground Rail Operations Ltd
- Joint venture is Transport for London's operator for London Overground electric passenger train service.
- London's underground railway system. Journey planner, customer information, and the latest news about the Tube.
- Operates express rail services and rail terminal operations
- Merseyside's passenger rail operator, with full journey planner, real-time status/disruption alerts, and news about the company, planned improvements to the network, and special events that can be reached by train.
National Express East Anglia
- Train service information for East Anglia and services between London Liverpool Street, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich. Formerly 'One'.
- The public transport service provider for Northern Ireland.
- Operates local and inter-urban services in the North and North East of England.
Queen of Scots
- Luxury private touring train carriages, destinations and food and drink are discussed.
- Promotes and invests in "open access" passenger and freight rail businesses in the United Kingdom.
Riviera Trains Limited
- Lessor of locomotives and coaching stock to train operating companies and charter operators.
- Subsidiary of FirstGroup operates local and long distance services around Scotland, and the Caledonian Sleeper services between London Euston and Scotland.
The Shakespeare Express
- Vintage Trains runs steam trains on the UK national main line system to places of interest using locomotives based at Tyseley Locomotive Works, Birmingham Railway Museum.
South West Trains
- Operates trains from London Waterloo station to the South West regions. Site allows users to buy tickets, look at timetables and learn more about the company.
- Passenger train operating company runs train services in Kent, South London and parts of East Sussex. Includes timetables, fares, and corporate details.
- Operators of the rail franchise that covers the south London Metro area, London to Brighton, plus the south coast between Bournemouth, Brighton, Hastings and Ashford. Formerly South Central Trains.
- Services, tickets and information about the shuttle service from London Liverpool street to Stansted Airport.
- Operates passenger train services across the Pennines in the north of England.
- Timetables online, e-mail booking, business travel, ticket types and fares, train times for Virgin Trains.
West Coast Railways
- Operates and leases special trains for charter operators, filming, company or group travel, and train operating companies.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 6, 2014 at 20:00:48 UTC -