become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transport/Rail
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Transport: Rail
Community Rail Partnerships
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Rail: Operators: Europe
Recreation: Trains and Railroads
Regional: Europe: Transportation: Rail
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Transport: Railways
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Travel and Tourism: Travel Services
- Christian Wolmar's official website, providing access to transport articles, books and other contributions to the public debate.
- Information about UK Class 66 locomotives. Technical details and built-lists.
Disused railways & 80s' rail heaven
- A passionate but not serious look at railways in the 80s' and ones that no longer exist.
East Suffolk Line
- Independent site providing news and information about the railway line in East Anglia running from Lowestoft to Ipswich.
- Directory of web sites related to UK Railways.
London Railway Stations
- Description of London railway stations with approximate travel times to other major cities.
London's Abandoned Tube Stations
- Guide to London's abandoned tube stations. Also includes a section on closed overground lines.
- Owns much of Britain's railway infrastructure, including track, signalling and stations. Contains timetable information, press releases and structure detail.
Networker 465/466 Electric Multiple Units
- A technical description of how Networker 465/466 Electric Multiple Units work.
Overground, Northern Heights, 1970
- Northern Heights Underground history. Photographs of the abandoned 'Northern Heights' railway.
Queen of Scots
- Luxury private touring train carriages, destinations and food and drink are discussed.
- The national newspaper for the British rail industry online edition.
- UK rail forums
Ski By Train
- Information on travelling by train from the UK to Alpine ski resorts, especially France, Switzerland and Austria.
Stations Run by Network Rail
- Official site for the 17 major stations it owns and manages, with information about station facilities, job vacancies, newsletters and history.
- UK based rail infrastructure installation and maintenance.
train information for Europe and the UK
- A directory of useful websites for the European rail traveller. It includes links to all of the national rail timetables of Europe.
- Free information on what to do in the event of a rail strike. Car sharing database, bus and traffic information.
- Top level index to the 26 train operating companies in the UK, with links to information relevant to travellers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 30, 2008 11:18:31 AM EDT -