become an editor
the entire directory
only in Women/Organisations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Women: Organisations
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Organisations
Society: People: Women: Organizations
Centre for Women's Studies
- Base for feminist and gender-oriented teaching and research. The centre adopts a women-centred and interdisciplinary approach to the changing nature of both women's experiences and gender relations.
- Fawcett campaigns for equality between women and men in the UK on pay, pensions, poverty, justice and politics. Latest news, information and how to get involved.
London International Club
- Women's club aiming to promote friendship and understanding between nations. Details of forthcoming events, downloadable brochure and links to London-based websites.
National Association of Ladies Circles
- For women aged 18-45, who wish to extend their social life, travel and get involved in fundraising. History, news, events and joining details.
National Federation of Women's Institutes
- Details of constitution with current campaigns and courses. Member's ezine, corporate and media information and the WI shop.
Rights of Women
- Provides women with information on their legal rights. Confidential advice, training, policy guidance and published resources.
Soroptimist International of Great Britain and Ireland
- Worldwide organisation for women in management and professions working through service projects to advance human rights and the status of women. Consists of 404 clubs in 31 countries, from Anguilla to Zimbabwe. Includes information about federation structure, projects and membership.
The Sozo Project
- Providing spiritual and pastoral support for women leaving prison wishing to re-shape their lives. This support ministry is sustained through a national network of Christian volunteers.
- Registered charity that is dedicated to raising the status of women via direct involvement in the community. News, events, publications and online donation.
Women Chemists Members of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Committed to developing and implementing services, facilities and programmes of activity relevant to the scientific and professional needs of women in chemistry.
Women in Prison
- Provides education, training and practical support to women who are, or have been, in prison. Background information, case studies and printable donation form.
- Registered charity offering support for women who suffer domestic violence. Helpline number, campaigns, news, events and job vacancies.
Women's Environmental Network
- Campaigns on issues that link women, health and the environment with information on menstrual products, cosmetics, cleaning products, furnishings, and breast cancer distribution. Projects include social and food production groups for women and women orientated initiatives.
Women's Resource Centre
- Provides infrastructure support, information and capacity building to voluntary and community organisations working to improve the status of women. Information about training, events, resources, policy and research work, jobs and volunteering.
The Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation
- Committed to improving and promoting opportunities for women and girls in sport. Key initiatives, research, products and services, how to get involved and how to donate.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:13:35 AM EDT -