become an editor
the entire directory
only in Teen_and_Youth/Organisations
Society and Culture
Teen and Youth
Air Training Corps
Young Farmers Clubs
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Organisations
Birmingham Wheels Park
- A partnership between Birmingham City Council and West Midlands Probation Service which aims to develop young people's personal and social skills through the use of motor vehicles. The organisation also raises funding through other events such as races. Information about projects, events and activities such as Windsurfing on Wheels. Contact and location details.
British Youth Council
- Independent charity run for and by young people representing their views to central and local government, political parties, pressure groups and the media. Full details of activities, publications and local council directory.
The Church Lads' and Church Girls' Brigade
- An Anglican uniformed youth organisation whose aim is to provide young people with handholds to life through fun, fellowship, adventure and challenge within a Christian setting.
Development in Action
- Development non-governmental organisation run by young people for young people, to promote engagement in global issues amongst young people in the UK.
- Working with young people against the challenges of inner-city life such as drugs, truancy, unemployment and juvenile crime. Details of 12 centres nationwide, projects and courses available, case studies.
Foundation for Peace
- An educational peace charity which aims to inspire and enable people to lead more peaceful lives.
The Guardian: A Fairer Chance
- Information on the aims and activities of the Fairbridge charity, with background information.
The Hyelm Group
- Accommodation for young people coming to London to work or study. Hyelm is a registered charity, a non-profit making concern and a Registered Social Landlord.
JEDI (Joined in Equity, Diversity and Interdependence in Northern Ireland)
- An initiative to bring together Northern Ireland youth, in a creative partnership to promote change and development. Information about policies and practice, with contact details.
Nautical Training Corps
- A uniformed youth organisation based in the south of England, aiming to help young people develop their full potential. Includes profile, news, information on how to get involved, location of units and training centres, and contact details.
The Prince's Trust
- Helps young people through training, skill building, business loans, grants, personal development and study support outside school. Multilingual site with full details of how to get involved.
Youth Adventure Trust
- A youth development charity working with vulnerable children from across Wiltshire and Swindon. Information about their mountain based team-building activities, camps and fund-raising events.
Youth Justice Board for England and Wales
- Events and news on youth justice reforms, aimed at preventing youth crime by tackling delays, and helping young people towards more positive activities.
- UK youth charity dedicated to providing frank and unbiased information to enable young people to make informed choices.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 1, 2016 at 22:11:13 UTC -