become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Support_Groups
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Support Groups
Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual
Prison and Offenders
- Post-adoption support services. Based in Manchester, England. Includes list of services for adults and children and contact details.
Ashiana - Asian Women's Refuge
- Sheffield based Organisation offering support and safe accommodation to Asian women and children fleeing violence and abuse in the home. Also provides help and support for those experiencing domestic violence outside the refuge. The service is run by Asian women.
Bankers Benevolent Fund
- Charity supporting UK bank employees, past and present, and their dependants.
- A charity that helps young people access the education and career pathways.
Consumer Credit Counselling Service
- Free debt advice for families and individuals. Information about the organisation, and how they work. Includes news, useful links, and contact details (phone, mail, and e-mail).
- Support board for people facing bankruptcy and other debt related problems.
False Allegations Support Organisation
- A voluntary organisation dedicated to providing support to anyone affected by a false allegation of abuse.
- Food supply organisation for the vulnerable and needy. An overview, local projects and joining details are included.
- A group of parents and professionals devoted to raising awareness about Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and to help reduce the incidence of birth defects so caused. Information, and details of support network for affected families and carers.
- Support for UK fishermen, their families and those connected with the sea. Includes work carried out, current news, the organisation's history and maritime links.
Gamblers Anonymous UK
- Fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help others do the same. Includes details of regional helpline numbers.
- Helpline, Counselling and information for anyone affected by gambling.
- The charity for the UK and Ireland insurance industry, giving vital support to past and present employees and their dependent relatives in times of financial hardship.
- Offers a free, independent service to help resolve neighbour disputes. Describes its services and includes a location map.
Merchant Navy Welfare Board
- Coalition of charities promotes the provision of services to seafarers and their dependents in throughout the UK.
- Help for the relatives of the missing, and information on people we're looking for.
Money Advice Trust
- Formed in 1991 to increase the quality and availability of free, independent money advice to people with debt problems.
- Discuss personal problems anonymously with other internet users. Includes links to self help resources, current news, book reviews and online polls.
- Dedicated to improving access to communications for disabled and older people
- Online problem pages magazine.
- An online course in web production set up by the UNHCR. Its aim is to help refugee individuals and organisations communicate.
- Support to people who are suicidal or despairing. An English Language Email service is available to anyone needing emotional support, throughout the world.
Self Help UK
- Free searchable database of self help organisations and support groups.
Shipwrecked Mariners' Society
- Provides financial help to merchant seafarers, fishermen and their dependents in need. Includes history, information about fund raising and its Annual Report.
- Free debt advice for families and individuals. Information about the organisation, and how they work. Includes news, useful links, and contact details (phone, mail, and e-mail
Telephone Helplines Association
- Works with helplines to achieve the highest quality response to all those using telephone helplines. Includes an online version of the Telephone Helplines Directory.
Trish Longdon Associates
- Offer specialist complaints investigation service for central government agencies, local government and all parts of the NHS.
UK Divorce Recovery Workshop
- National charity which runs self-help groups for the separated or divorced throughout the UK. The site has details of local groups plus information on how to start a new group.
- A UK social network site for anyone looking for advice and support on issues affecting their life, or for therapy and counselling services in their local area.
White Ensign Association
- Advice site for serving and ex-serving Royal Navy personnel. Membership details, services, visits and contact information.
Usenet uk.people.support.cfs-me -
Usenet uk.people.support.depression -
Usenet uk.people.support.epilepsy -
Usenet uk.people.support.mental-health -
Usenet uk.people.support.mult-sclerosis -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 22, 2013 at 23:23:59 UTC -