become an editor
the entire directory
only in Scientists/Jenner,_Edward
Society and Culture
BBC History - Edward Jenner
- Brief biography of Jenner, and his pioneering anti-smallpox treatment which eventually led to global eradication of the disease. Links to more information about smallpox.
Dr Edward Jenner Museum
- Housed in his former home the museum fills in the biography of the man. Also included are opening times and prices, brief career description, and links to pages about his discovery of smallpox vaccination.
- Exhibit marking his first experimental vaccination against the disease.
- Biography. Also statistics of smallpox casualties in London in 1844.
Founders of Science: Edward Jenner
- Brief biography and a facsimile of 'Inquiry' - his landmark contribution to the science of medicine and biology.
Who Named It?: Edward Jenner
- Detailed biography of his life and work.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 21, 2012 at 6:15:07 UTC -