become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organisations/Humanitarian
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Organisations: Humanitarian
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Charities
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
- Children's charity that raises funds for projects such as child sponsorship, schools, hospitals and clean water. Includes photo gallery, online donation, resources, statistics and stories.
Action Against Hunger UK
- UK part of an international organisation that has projects to fight hunger.
- A charity based in the UK assisting the development and funding of a school in Migouri, Kenya. Details of their project and fundraising activities.
AMAR International Charitable Foundation
- (Assisting Marsh Arabs and Refugees). Charity involved in humanitarian aid for Arab refugees in Iran and Iraq.
ATD Fourth World (UK) Ltd
- Organisation that is taking an active role in communities to support the efforts of the poorest in overcoming poverty. It is a member of the International Movement ATD Fourth World.
Band Aid 20
- Christmas single released in aid of Sudanese refugees in Darfur. Contributing artists, buy and download track online, videos and appeal information.
Birmingham Settlement UK
- A charity based in Newtown, Birmingham UK. Gives advice on care, employment support, debt, national debtline and women's training. It also runs nursery facilities and charity shops.
Bosnian Support Fund
- Registered charity, aiming to help people left homeless during the Bosnian conflict. Message board, case studies, news and details of how you can help.
British Red Cross
- Organisation that provides emergency help to people in need. British part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent organisation.
BT Community Connections
- Offers awards of IT equipment to individuals or groups who wish to make a positive impact in their community. Details of how to apply and examples of successful projects. Links to other BT award schemes.
The Burnaby Blue Foundation
- Aims to improve the quality of life for children and young people abroad and at home. Details of current project, an orphanage in Azerbaijan, photographs and how to donate.
- Charity which travels over to Belarus and helps children who have or are recovering from cancer.
Cambodian Communities out of Crisis
- Information on CCC's work in Cambodia, particularly in giving back the education that Pol Pot tried to steal.
Chernobyl Children Life Line
- Helping children suffering from the after-effects of the Chernobyl disaster and economic situation in Belarus.
Chernobyl Children's Project
- Supports the children of Belarus affected by the Chernobyl nuclear explosion through recuperative holidays in the UK and medical and humanitarian aid. History of the disaster, newsletter, details of projects and how to donate.
Child In Need India (CINI)
- Supports health care and nutrition amongst poor communities in India.
- A UK charity supporting local South African initiatives in health, education and reconstruction training. Information on what the organisation does, including details of projects, on corporate sponsors and on how to donate. Includes a message from Nelson Mandela.
The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund
- Details the aims of the fund and all the grants that have been, or are in the process of being, awarded by the fund. It also contains information on how to apply for a grant and the future of the fund
Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC)
- Umbrella organisation which launches and coordinates responses to major disasters overseas. It enables the British public to donate to British aid agencies when they wish to respond to overseas emergencies.
- UK-based charity working on emergency medical relief, extended medical relief and medical rehabilitation and medical education. Photos and information on projects, with how to donate or volunteer.
East Sheen Chengannur Trust
- Helps the poor in the Chengannur area of India and in Africa. Shows how they provide housing, education and financial aid, and ssks for sponsorship of a child or stamps and bric a brac.
European Network for Indigenous Australian Rights
- London-based European campaigning/support group for Australian Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders, includes news, ways to take action, background information, and events.
Facing The World
- Charity founded by UK cranio-facial surgeons so that children in poor countries can receive the miracle of a new face and a life free from the stigma of deformity.
Fast 4 Africa
- Project which aims to empower young people so that they can really make a difference by networking their friends. Each Christmas the aim is to get as many young people across the world fasting for children in Africa.
The Fire Fighters Charity
- Official charity for UK Fire Service, which assists serving and retired firefighters and their dependents.
- Christian Aid's site for children - with news, games and culture from around the world.
Guatemala Solidarity Network (GSN)
- Works with Guatemalan organisations and communities striving for human rights, social and economic justice and the empowerment and participation of indigenous peoples and all marginalised groups.
Guy's Hospital Paediatric Heart Team
- Vistits Sri Lanka annually to perform life saving heart operations.
- British organisation specialising in the removal of the debris of war, such as mine clearing.
Himalayan Education Lifeline Programme (HELP)
- A project to assist people from poor communities in the Himalayas to improve their employment opportunities through education. Information about the project, and different ways in which you can help.
Hope Community Village
- Charity supporting accommodation and education for children without families in India; information about their projects, fundraising, newsletters, and contacts.
- UK based charity focusing on the provision of help and aid to anyone, and to anywhere in the world. It has provided relief operations to a multitude of international areas.
The Hunger Project UK
- Branch of global association which helps people in Latin America, South Asia and Africa to achieve sustainable progress in health, education and income.
Jeans for Genes
- Information about annual fundraising day on which everyone wears jeans and donates one pound to raise funds for genetic research into disorders affecting children.
- Enhances quality of life for sick children through the therapeutic use of music, often in children's hospices.
- Christian poverty relief organisation. Inspired by the love of God. Practical action through self-help, medical and educational projects in developing countries.
The Karuna Trust
- UK based Buddhist organisation that has education, health and cultural projects for poor people in India of any religion. Also helps fund Buddhist activities.
Komso Children's Hospital Volunteer Group
- A group dedicated to improving conditions in Komso Children's Hospital, St Petersburg, Russia. Information about their activities and events, with a newsletter.
- Works to eliminate landmines and to find solutions to the problems caused by cluster bombs and other un-exploded ordinance.
Light up Romania Trust
- A small charity helping community hospitals and their dispenseries in the villages with much needed lighting in Romania.
- Provides support for construction workers and their families. Newsletter of recent events of the club and news from the branches.
- Provides financial management services to agencies working in relief and development projects in developing and disaster stricken countries.
- Works in developing countries through media.
Medical Aid for Iraqi Children (MAIC)
- Information about their activities supporting and supplying Iraqi hospitals treating children. Includes newsletter and fundraising information.
Medical Emergency Relief International - Merlin
- UK medical specialist that works to provides medical relief in the aftermath of conflict, natural disaster or epidemic disease and strives to prevent the onset of future medical emergencies worldwide.
Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture
- Organisation that provides care and rehabilitation for individuals and their families who have been subjected to torture and other forms of organised violence.
Mexico Child Link
- Supports a project in Puebla, Mexico for abandoned children with learning disabilities. Contact details, and information about the work supported.
The MOC (Military Order of the Collar) Charitable Foundation
- An ancient UK registered charitable foundation for the relief of poverty and sickness and for the advancement of education overseas. History, current information and projects currently in hand.
- A registered charity that runs hospitals in poor and neglected areas of Pakistan and Kashmir. Description of the projects and information about donating.
North of England Refugee Service
- Provides services to refugees and asylum seekers in the North of England.
Novi Most International
- Christian voluntary organisation which works with young people in Bosnia.
Oak Tree Foundation
- A volunteer group supporting children and families in Romania; information about their activities, events, and contacts.
Relief Fund For Romania
- UK charity helping the children, sick and elderly of Romania's destitute institutions and communities.
- Charity sending old bicycles to poor countries such as Haiti and South Africa, and trains people how to repair and maintain the bikes.
- Disaster relief charity operating worldwide. News, promotional material, and description of the deployments.
Sight Savers International
- A charity that prevents and cures blindness globally.
South Asia Voluntary Enterprise
- Voluntary organization dedicated to helping the poor and disadvantaged people of South Asian countries.
- A UK Christian charity which campaigns and prays on issues of human rights and justice.
Sponsor a Grandparent
- Designed to give direct help to vulnerable, older people in developing countries. Description of the goals, news on the projects.
St George Foundation
- The charity supports ex-street children in Sierra Leone, offering genuine love, targets self esteem, self confidence, self discipline and education.
- Charity established in response to the situation of the street children of Brazil. Its projects improve the lives and support children and pregnant girls living on the streets.
- The vegan charity, working to prevent famine without cruelty
The Village Service Trust
- Raises funds to support work in India in the fields of women's development and health issues.
Vision Africa - Give a Child a Future
- UK charity providing education and schools, homes and orphanages for the children of Kenya's Kibera slum.
- A small charity that protects children living in the world's most dangerous war zones. Press releases, publications, an online shop and information on how to donate.
World Wide Smiles
- A group of professional clowns who provide performances for orphans, hospitals and special needs schools. Descriptions of the visits to various countries.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:14:37 PM EDT -