become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organisations/Homeless
Society and Culture
Society: Philanthropy: Homeless
Alone in London Service
- A charity that helps young people under the age of 26 to solve housing problems and learn to live independent lives.
Birmingham Christmas Shelter
- A registered charity providing shelter and food in Birmingham during the Christmas period. Information on volunteering, donating and finding the shelter.
Bognor Housing Trust
- Owns and manages three supported housing projects for single homeless people in Bognor Regis, West Sussex. Description of the application process and photographs of the houses.
The Booth Centre
- A drop-in and activity centre for homeless people in Manchester. Information on what the centre does and how to help.
- Charnwood's independent housing advice and assistance service, established for the relief and rehabilitation of homeless persons. Description of the provided services.
- Created from the merger of Riverpoint and the Housing Services Agency, a London-based charity offering resettlement services for single homeless people. Information on services and testimonials from people who have been helped.
Caer Las Cymru
- Information about this housing charity helping single homeless people in South Wales through outreach programmes and supported housing initiatives.
- Charity that provides emergency accommodation, support, information and training for homeless young people in London. It also researches solutions for solutions for people across the UK.
Colchester Night Shelter
- Providing direct access, emergency accommodation for homeless people. Location, getting help, volunteering, resettlement and news.
- The UK construction and property industry charity for the homeless. Details of work with other homelessness charities, guidance for charities on applying for CRASH support, details of sponsors and of the projects they performed.
- A homeless charity focussing on hidden homelessness, working to help single homeless people. Its mission is to help marginalised and homelessness people.
Depaul Nightstop UK
- Helps communities to start and operate a Nightstop providing accommodation to homeless young people. Information on the programme and application for a detailed guide as well as details for homeless people on how to find a Nightstop.
- Charity providing support and housing for the homeless and unemployed in Oxford. Includes objectives, news and how to help.
Fireside Day Centre
- Drop-in centre offering friendship, hospitality and support to the homeless, unemployed or lonely. Details of services offered, opening times and volunteering opportunities. Based in Birmingham.
Forum Housing Association
- Charity and Registered Social Landlord, offering supported housing for young single homeless aged 16-25, within Merseyside.
- Provides affordable and safe accommodation linked to employment and training opportunities, support and a range of other services.
- Groundswell is a UK project that promotes and develops self-help initiatives with people who are homeless, excluded or living in poverty. Includes latest news, funding, events, publications, contacts and links.
- A membership body for organisations and individuals working with homeless people around the UK. It was formed out of two charities Homeless Network and National Homeless Alliance.
- A source of information about resources on homelessness and related issues in the UK.
- Aimed at educating primary school children and their teachers on the issues surrounding homelessness. Includes teacher's guide, online exercises and links.
- National Christian homelessness charity trying to enable local groups and churches to provide practical help to people in housing need. News, campaigns, publications.
- Charitable organisation supporting homeless young people. Description of the goals, news and press clippings.
- Provides street outreach, housing assistance, support services, and a Christmas programme to homeless people in Manchester. Includes information on programmes and the White Goods Project which sells reconditioned electric products.
The London Connection
- Day centre for young homeless or unemployed people near Trafalgar Square in central London.
Passage Day and Night Shelter
- Provides shelter and a variety of support services in Victoria, London. Includes volunteer and employment opportunities, news, and donation needs.
- Homeless charity providing supported accommodation in Ashford, Canterbury, Ramsgate and Dover. Also working with street homeless people across Kent including ex-offenders and people with mental health problems.
- Provides food, health care, shelter, art programs and support services in London's East End. Programs, how to help and links.
- Homelessness charity that runs a housing helpline, has a network of housing aid centres, and works with local citizens advice bureaux.
- Shelter, 24 hour helpline, housing advice, social services and advocacy work on behalf of homeless people in Wales, England. Includes links, discussion, events and help.
Shilhay Community Limited
- Works to enable homeless people to access and sustain accommodation, training and employment. Description of services, information on fundraising and volunteering.
Simon Community Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland charity providing accommodation and support services to homeless people. Includes press releases, information on homelessness and on their housing facilities and services.
The Society of St James
- Registered charity providing accommodation with care and support to those who are homeless or vulnerably housed. Information on services, donations, volunteering and jobs. Based in Southampton.
- Historical documents from and about squats and squatting in London and squatting news and information.
- Offer single homeless people in London access to housing and hostels, treatment for physical and mental health problems, help with finding their own home and getting training and work.
- Agency helping homeless and vulnerable people in London find decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Provides information on the services offered, advice, publications, email newsletter, fundraising and volunteering opportunities.
- Methodist Church based charity targeting street sleepers of the East End of London. Includes news, how to help, and links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 5:45:08 UTC -