become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fundraising/Grant-Making_Foundations
Society and Culture
City Livery Companies
Arts: Organizations: Regional: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Culture, Media and Sport: National Lottery
Society: Philanthropy: Grants: Grant-Making Foundations
The A B Charitable Trust
- Supports charities that defend human rights and promote respect for individuals. About the trust, funding guidelines, application process, past grants, contact information, and links.
Avonbrook Projects Abroad
- UK-based charity set up to advance education in the developing world, by the provision of grants in support of long-term sustainable education projects. News and information on the team.
Big Lottery Fund
- Distributes profits from the United Kingdom national lottery to appropriate causes and projects. Information about activities and process of applying for grants.
The Brelms Trust
- Charitable trust in Yorkshire offering grants for a range of interests in the area, especially community projects. Information on the requirements and the successful applications.
- Official site of charity based in the United Kingdom and raising money for projects at home and abroad. Includes details of performers, events, and sponsored campaigns.
- Charitable branch of the Crown Group of companies. Organisation overview, supported charities, news, image gallery, and contact information.
Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation
- Supports links and collaboration between the UK and Japan through the scholarships, grants and events.
- Supports projects which reach large groups of people. Information on how to donate, a list of the upcoming events, and a list of benefitting charities.
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- Funding charitable activities relating to the UK's cultural life, education, the natural environment and enabling people who are disadvantaged to participate more fully in society.
The Fidelity Foundation
- Grant providing organisation with background information, guideline, restrictions and application details.
- Information on available grants. Searchable database, news, deadlines listing.
John Lyon's Charity
- Awards grants to registered charities to support education and training for young adults. Includes description of the charity, and details of grant application process and criteria.
Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
- Quaker trust which supports those who address the root causes of conflict and injustice through funding applied for by applicants in five funding priority areas.
- A grant-issuing charity which assists other charities, organisations and individuals in the UK, and whose primary fundraising event is the annual 'Lily's Ball'. News and events.
- Makes grants to support parsonages and repair churches. Gives the history of the fund and details of the type of projects that it funds.
Music for Alice
- UK charity donating funds to specific UK institutions and groups for musical equipment.
- Makes grants to nautical charities that look after the welfare needs of seafarers, ex-seafarers and their dependants.
South West Foundation
- Charitable foundation investing in communities to alleviate poverty and hardship and improve the quality of life local people. Details of grant schemes, reports, news and aims.
The Theodore Salvesen Memorial Trust
- Promotes the welfare of British Merchant Navy members and prospective members. Background details, contact information, and application form for download.
The Volant Charitable Trust
- Set up by the author J K Rowling to support charitable causes, it grants funds for research into the causes, treatment and possible cures of Multiple Sclerosis, and to charities and projects that alleviate social deprivation, with a particular emphasis on women’s and children’s issues.
Wikipedia: Comic Relief
- Encyclopaedia article explains how the charity developed, and provides details of the bi-annual events.
The Will Charitable Trust
- Provides grants to charities supporting blind persons, those with learning disabilities, cancer sufferers, and conservation of the countryside. Guidelines to check eligibility and on what to include in an application.
Yapp Charitable Trust
- Offers grants to small registered charities in the UK, giving about £300,000 p.a. in about 100 grants. Site contains information on priorities, exclusions, contact information, details of recent grants and how to apply.
CBBC Newsround: What is Comic Relief?
- Explains how the organisation started, the fund-raising activities, and the projects supported. Includes a guide for those wishing to contribute. (February 01, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2016 at 16:05:03 UTC -