become an editor
the entire directory
only in Development/Volunteering
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Organisations: Development: Volunteering
Volunteering in the UK
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Education: Gap Years
Society: Philanthropy: Volunteering
Society: Philanthropy: Volunteering: Opportunities
- Charity that recruits volunteers with professional skills and experience to work with social partners in developing countries. Includes information on the organisation and for applicants, including case studies.
Development in Action
- Development non-governmental organisation run by young people for young people, to promote engagement in global issues amongst young people in the UK.
Global Vision International (GVI)
- Information about volunteer abroad projects, international expeditions and courses.
Inter Cultural Youth Exchange
- Charity sending volunteers to work with communities overseas. Includes details and costs.
International Service (UNAIS)
- Organisation recruiting skilled and motivated people to work in locally initiated and managed development projects in West Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. Information about programmes and fundraising.
IVCS - Indian Volunteers for Community Service
- Enables people (of any ethnic origin) to visit and become involved in rural development projects in India for 3 weeks to 6 months. Information about programme and costs.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) - UK
- An international network of volunteers, field projects and offices aiding victims of armed conflict, epidemics, and other disasters. Information about its activities, advocacy, and opportunities to support its programmes.
- Organisation working for justice and the eradication of poverty. Information about its advocacy activities in the UK and Europe, and its development programmes in partnership with civil groups and governments in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, and SE Asia.
- UK organisation that organises short assignments for business people in Kenya, spent providing mentoring and skills support to local entrepreneurs
- Works for sustainable development in Africa and Asia by sharing skills. Information about current vacancies, and their Action Health programme.
The Sunseed Trust
- Develops ways of reclaiming semi-arid land and helping the lives of people living on such land, through research and experimentation, an ecological lifestyle and education. UK-registered charity.
- UK Charity that helps some of the poorest parts of Eastern Europe through activities that makes them self-sufficient.
Travellers World Wide
- Offers volunteer placements throughout the world in the areas of conservation, teaching and work experience. Details of countries and opportunities, and an online application form.
Volunteer Latin America
- Provides information on volunteering opportunities in Central and South America in the environmental and humanitarian sectors. Also offer voluntary work combined with Spanish classes.
- (Voluntary Service Overseas). An international development charity which works through volunteers. Enables people aged 17-70 to share their skills and experience with local communities in the developing world.
World Service Enquiry
- Information and advice about working overseas and at home for peace, justice and development. Includes subscription details to their newsletter of opportunities (salaried and volunteer).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:09:31 AM EDT -