become an editor
the entire directory
only in Development/Campaigns
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Organisations: Development: Campaigns
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues
Christian Aid Week
- Annual fundraising Campaign to help eradicate poverty and oppression in the poorest communities around the world.
Cows 'n' Things
- Ethical gifts that raise money to fund projects helping older people in the developing world. Provides a gift scheme designed to help disadvantaged older people in developing countries.
- Explains how a chocolate bar is used to promote a fair trade policy for cocoa growers in Ghana. Includes games, school projects, television advertisements and background information.
Jubilee Debt Campaign
- Calling for 100% cancellation of unpayable poor country debts.
Make Poverty History
- Organisation seeking to eradicate poverty in the world. Overview, actions, schools and Edinburgh 2005.
- News of Oxfam UK's current campaigns, with information on how to get involved.
Path Out of Poverty
- Unique rural community development programme that helps impoverished African children break free from the damaging cycles of poverty
People and Planet
- Student network campaigning to end world poverty, for human rights, and protection of the environment. Information about their activities, local groups, and ethical careers.
- Campaign to oppose applications to build Tesco supermarkets. Analysis of the impact of large supermarkets on society.
World Development Movement
- UK-based organisation campaigning against the root causes of world poverty. Works in partnership with other organisations in the UK and around the world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, December 10, 2011 9:15:03 AM EST -