the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organisations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Organisations
Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual
Teen and Youth
Romani and Traveller
4x4 Response UK
- The central website and forum for the 4x4 Response network.
Action for Market Towns
- The national organisation dedicated to promoting the vitality and viability of small towns.
Anglia in Bloom
- A floral and environmental competition for communities in the East Anglia region, linked to Britain in Bloom
- Helps people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice. Profile, services, volunteering information and campaigns.
- A networking, development and training organisation that works with civil society, business and political leaders. Information on vision, history, case studies and areas of operation.
- Providing a digital television channel and interactive website for UK-based charities, community groups and voluntary organisations.
- Private home, leisure and motoring organisation for people who have worked for the Civil Service or an organisation with its roots in the Civil Service. Details of membership benefits and other services.
Cuba Solidarity Campaign, Great Britain - Supporting Cuba
- The British campaign to support the Cuban people's right to self-determination.
Development Trust Association
- National body for development trusts.
Directory of Social Change
- An independent charity with a vision of an independent voluntary sector at the heart of social change. Publications, conferences, training, news and details of services.
- Community youth development based on young people carrying out community based work projects for which they earn points, which can be exchanged for trips and activities. History, description, training and contact details.
The Guild of Registered Tourist Guides
- The professional association of Tourist Board Registered Blue Badge Guides in Britain.
Hegel Society of Great Britain (HSGB)
- News concerning meetings and conferences of this association, as well as information about its biennial bulletin.
Institute for Philanthropy
- Aims to promote philanthropy via research, debate, publications and by encouraging the UK philanthropic sector. Includes research and study opportunities, areas of activity, newsletter, resources for philanthropic organisations, and contact information.
Merchant Navy Association Northern Ireland
- Information about local meetings, plus the merchant navy's role in WWII.
Merchant Navy Officers
- Information about the British Merchant Marine. Includes history, current issues, collections of photographs and personal recollections.
- Provides accessible translated advice and information in a range of community languages, in the areas of immigration, health, discrimination, and racism. Also offers a national directory of organisations offering multi-lingual services.
- Builds websites which benefit the civic and community aspects of people's lives. News, FAQs, details of current projects, and how to get involved.
National Appropriate Adult Network
- Works to support agencies who provide appropriate adult services which aim to promote and protect the rights and interests of young people and vulnerable adults in police custody.
National Centre for Diversity
- Independent organisation with support from all sectors of UK society; information about membership, activities and campaigns, news, and contacts.
Neighbours From Hell in Britain
- Internet community helping people to deal with, manage and resolve neighbour problems. From bullying to neighbour noise, anti-social behaviour and harassment.
Open Spaces Society
- Organisation that works to protect common land and public rights of way.
The Raymond Williams Society
- Exists to support and develop intellectual and political projects in areas broadly connected with Williams's work. Events, newsletters, members' publications.
Royal African Society
- Promotes links and good relations with Africa.
The Royal Agricultural Society of England
- Charity devoted to the advancement of British agriculture through good science and stewardship. Organisers of the Royal Show, the Town and Country Festival and The Amateur Gardening Spring Show.
The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce
- The RSA is a charity which encourages the development of a principled, prosperous society and the release of human potential. News, world-wide fellowship, and details of projects and events.
- Part of the Communications Department of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. Aims to help rural communities improve their economies by providing research, consultancy and information transfer. Information about projects and initiatives, performed throughout the UK.
The Save British Science Society
- Pressure group aiming to improve the scientific health of the UK. Includes information on aims, documents, campaigns, and activities.
- Encouraging the study and application of science and technology. Includes current programmes, news and contact details.
St Giles Trust
- Works with offenders and disadvantaged people. Description of the projects, case studies, annual report in PDF format.
Standing Council of the Baronetage
- Organisation maintaining records of baronetages throughout the United Kingdom. Rules, membership information, list of baronetcies to which no succession has been proven.
Town Crier of Guildford
- Town Crying and Town Criers in the United Kingdom and worldwide.
- Social care organisation.
UK Metric Association
- Campaign group for "a single rational system of measurement." Aims and principles, history of UK metrification, metrication mews and links.
Wilts and Berks Canal Trust
- A registered charity committed to the restoration of the central section of the Wessex Waterways Network. Includes news, history, and images.
The Work Foundation
- Offer research, practical consultancy and constructive advocacy to make workplaces more effective, more successful and more fulfilling.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:28:24 AM EST -