become an editor
the entire directory
only in Language/Dialects
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Language: Dialects
British vs American
Scots Language and Dialects
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Germanic: English
Lancashire Dialect Society
- Membership information and some texts in the dialect.
Northumbrian Language Society
- Promotes, preserves, researches, publishes and enjoys the dialects from Northumberland
- A humorous dictionary of the English dialect used in and around the valleys of South Wales.
- Translate your English phrase, email or text message into a variety of different British dialects including Geordie, Cockney Rhyming Slang, Irish, Brummie, Scottish, Scouse, Posh and Ali G.
Yorkshire Dialect Society
- Scholarly society meets four times a year. Publishes an annual journal, "Transactions of the Yorkshire Dialect Society."
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 22, 2013 at 16:57:29 UTC -