become an editor
the entire directory
only in Low_Income_Taxpayers/Tax_Credits
Society and Culture
Low Income Taxpayers
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Taxation: Low Income Taxpayers: Tax Credits
BBC NEWS | Business | Middle classes lose out
- Middle income families will lose out from plans to freeze elements of the tax credits.
Revenue recruits 500 to avoid new tax credit fiasco
- The Inland Revenue will open a new call centre in Newcastle in the spring, employing more than 500 staff as it seeks to avoid a repeat of the tax credit fiasco that hit millions of people.
Taxman's Books in Sorry State
- Story of Inland Revenue's accounts being in disarray.
Errors force 'unreasonable' cuts
- The Inland Revenue is clawing back cash from Ellesmere Port families whose child or work tax credits it says it's overpaid. (December 30, 2003)
Telegraph - Low-paid 'caught in payback trap'
- Thousands of families have had benefits reduced by up to a third because the Inland Revenue paid them too much, prompting Opposition MPs to accuse the Government of causing unnecessary distress to the low-paid. (December 23, 2003)
Childcare: penalty for false claim
- About 100,000 childminders are being warned off supporting false tax credit claims after the Inland Revenue prosecuted four people over a total tax loss of more than £24,000. (November 28, 2003)
Revenue begins paying up over tax credits fiasco
- The Inland Revenue has begun to pay out compensation to families that suffered delays in receiving their Child Tax Credit following the chaotic introduction of the new system. (October 29, 2003)
Revenue staff may strike over tax credits chaos
- Industrial action could be launched by Inland Revenue staff if there is a repeat of the tax credits chaos that inflicted misery on hundreds of thousands of families earlier this year. (September 18, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:02:30 AM EDT -