become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Freedom_of_Information
Society and Culture
Freedom of Information
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Freedom of Information
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Legislation
Society: Issues: Government Operations: Freedom of Information
Campaign for Freedom of Information
- A non-profit organisation working to improve public access to official information in the UK and to ensure that the Freedom of Information Act is implemented effectively. Includes news and an FOI users' guide.
Confirm or Deny
- UK FOI blog, with news and opinion.
- A blog from a Freedom Of Information Officer at a UK public authority, describing his experience of the FOI legislation.
- Blog covering news, jobs, discussion and legal updates on the Freedom of Information Act.
- A collaborative site to help people unlock the secrets of UK Freedom of Information laws.
The Freedom of Information (Additional Public Authorities) Order 2003
- Official text of the 2003 Statutory Instrument that brought a number of additional public bodies under the scope of the Freedom of Information Act.
Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Full text of the act, provided by the National Archives.
Freedom of Information Journal
- Includes articles on FOI news, legislation and analysis of the latest FOI decisions. Includes tables of contents. Full text available to subscribers.
- FOI blog of a journalist famous for the request for details of MPs' expenses.
ICO: Freedom of Information Act
- Section of the Information Commissioner's site dealing with the Commissioner's enforcement role under the legislation. Contains information about rights and obligations, together with complaints procedure and archive of adjudications.
Information Rights Tribunal
- Hears appeals from notices issued by the Information Commissioner under FOI and other acts. Site includes news, decisions, forms, guidance, rules, and a list of current cases.
- Freedom of information (FOI) issues and latest developments, reported and analysed by BBC journalist Martin Rosenbaum.
UK Freedom of Information Blog
- News, views and updates from the Campaign for Freedom of Information.
- Online free-access archive that allows users to file and explore Freedom of Information (FOI) requests.
Understanding the Formulation and Development of Government Policy in the context of FOI
- Report prepared for the Information Commissioner by Peter Waller, R.M. Morris and Duncan Simpson of UCL. [PDF] (June 01, 2009)
A Shock To the System: Journalism, Government and the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- A paper by Jeremy Hayes published by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism. [PDF] (May 01, 2009)
Freedom of Information
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 16, 2013 at 14:13:50 UTC -