become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Environment
Society and Culture
Conservation and Endangered Species
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Science and Environment: Environment
Friends of the Earth
- Campaigns on biodiversity, climate change, gm food, pollution, transport and waste. Includes details of local pollution sources in your neighbourhood.
Action For Renewables
- Giving voice to those who support wind power. Myths and facts, photographs and support action.
- A campaign to compile a list of 100 tasks for world governments to undertake to tackle the biodiversity crisis.
CHAIN - Cheshire Anti Incinerators Network
- Voluntary organisation opposed to incinerators being built in Cheshire. News, resources, strategies.
- National campaign to oppose windfarms in Britain's landscapes and promote energy conservation, advocating cuts in consumption. Objective assessment of efficiency of wind turbines.
Electric Vehicles UK
- Campaigning for improved facilities and cheaper electric cars in Britain. Features news and campaign information.
- Details on a variety of environmental issues and their status in the UK.
Freshford Resists Development in the Green Belt
- Argues against a planning application for dwellings in Freshford Mill Bath and North East Somerset.
GAIN: Guildford Anti-Incinerator Network
- News, gallery and press releases for this organisation campaigning against incinerators in Guildford, Surrey.
Global Commons Institute
- An independent organisation campaigning on climate change. Promotes a "Contraction and Convergence" solution. Includes a global warming model(Excel spreadsheet or Java applet) recent papers and book reviews as well as contact information.
- UK branch of international environmental activist network.
- Provides information and resources on greenspace within and around urban settlements in Scotland.
- A campaign of the Pedestrians' Association. Aiming to make every village, town and city more pedestrian friendly. Manifesto, contacts, and livability survey.
- Writer, broadcaster, speaker and lecturer, campaigning on better access to the countryside, rural land ownership and older people's issues.
Noise Abatement Society
- NAS promotes ways to combat antisocial noise. The Society's annual John Connell Awards recognise local initiatives to address noise complaints.
- Rural England Versus Overhead Line Transmission. The organisation presses for a co-ordinated UK energy distribution policy.
Roots of Blood
- Campaign against the Woodland Trust's wildlife and conservation policies.
Surfers Against Sewage
- Campaign group with a mission to rid the coastline of sewage.
Trailblazers: Rights of Way
- The National Federation of Bridleway Associations and the South Pennine Pack Horse Trails Trust are organisations that promote equestrian access, protect rights of way and ancient lanes, campaign for access to open country, and maintains a list of open and closed bridleways and current issues regarding access in the UK.
- Provides information on the numbers and locations of wind power proposals in the North East of England and South East Scotland. Includes information on groups campaigning against the proposals.
Usenet uk.politics.environment -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 22, 2016 at 5:24:04 UTC -