become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Crime_and_Justice
Society and Culture
Crime and Justice
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Crime and Justice
Civil Contingencies Bill
Crime Prevention Schemes
Questioned or Overturned Verdicts
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Crime
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Support Groups: Prison and Offenders
CCF - The Cognitive Centre Foundation
- Independent organisation working with the Criminal Justice System to promote the effective practice of working with criminal offenders
Centre for Crime and Justice Studies
- A social policy and criminal justice think tank. Includes news archive and project details.
- Daily news service and information exchange about criminal justice in Scotland.
The Corner House
- Supports democratic and community movements for environmental and social justice.
Dismissal of Myra Hindley's Appeal for Release on 30th March 2000
- Full text of the findings of the Lords of Appeal for Judgment.
- Aims to raise public awareness about the dangers and possible consequences of drinking and driving. Provides a list of UK approved offender courses, BAC calculator, court guide, legal advice and sentencing guidelines.
Guardian Special Reports: Crime
- News, comment and backgrounders on issues and specific crimes plus video clips and web resources.
Guardian Special Reports: Prisons
- Ongoing coverage includes news, comment, analysis and backgrounders plus the prison diaries of Erwin James.
Hillsborough Football Disaster
- Provides a detailed account of the events of April the 15th, 1989. Includes a 20 minute video.
Hillsborough Justice Campaign
- Supporting the fight for justice for the 96 victims of the disaster. Provides a history of the disaster, details of the campaign and information on Liverpool Football Club.
The Howard League for Penal Reform
- Independent charity, working for humane and effective reform of the penal system in England and Wales: consultative status with UN, NGO working with the UK Government.
- A national newspaper for prisoners. Includes news, articles and letters.
- Site critical of the UK Social Services, NSPCC and CAFCASS, as well as the law enforcement and justice system which defends them. Details procedures which the author argues are unjust or inhumane.
Miscarriages of Justice UK
- Organisation dedicated to exposing chronic failures within the legal system which has resulted in innocent people being convicted. Provides links to a number of campaigns demanding justice.
- The National Association for the Care and Resettlement of Offenders. Works with ex-offenders, disadvantaged people and deprived communities. Includes campaign news and events diary.
Observer Special Reports: Crime and Justice
- Selected archive of news and analysis including exclusive online commentary.
The Official Shrewsbury 24 Campaign
- The official campaign to get justice for the Shrewsbury pickets which is backed by the pickets themselves including Ricky Tomlinson and Des Warren's son.
- Online resource for police recruitment and general policing information in the UK. Includes police news, history and background information on police ranks and pay scales.
Prison Information UK
- Publishes The Prisons Handbook and maintains the Institute of Prison Law.
The Prison Reform Trust
- Aims to create a just, humane, and effective penal system. Research, publications, current projects, and event information.
- Anti death penalty organisation. Information on Britons on death row worldwide, on the death penalty in the Caribbean and in the USA. Links to like-minded institutions.
Stephen Lawrence Inquiry
- Online version of Final Report and Action Plan progress associated with Sir William Macpherson's Inquiry into the death of Stephen Lawrence on 22 April 1993 to identify the lessons to be learned for the investigation and prosecution of racially motivated crimes. Final report February 1999, action plans ongoing.
Telford Training Consultants
- Offering approved offender courses for those convicted of drink-driving. Details of courses, on-line application and contact details.
UNLOCK - National Association of Ex-Offenders
- Campaigns for better facilities for serving prisoners, and to support ex-offenders in rebuilding their lives. Includes campaign news.
Crime and Justice
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2014 at 11:55:36 UTC -