become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Censorship
Society and Culture
Campaign Against Censorship
- Successor to the Defence of Literature and the Arts Society, that was founded in 1968 to assist writers, artists, and others threatened by censorship, and to campaign for reform of censorship laws.
The Observer - Amnesty: we must free the internet The Observer
- Human rights group reunites with The Observer to end repression online.
The Observer - Today, our chance to fight a new hi-tech tyranny
- Forty-five years ago an article in The Observer launched Amnesty International. Now, with the human rights organisation they highlight a new threat to freedom - internet censorship…
The Register - Amnesty takes a strike against web censorship
- The worldwide movement of activists who campaign for internationally recognised human rights launched a campaign to challenge what it calls the increasing governmental censorship of the internet. (May 30, 2006)
Register - Crusading veggies steamroll university into web censorship
- A provocative essay has been pulled from servers by Newcastle University authorities following complaints from vegetarians. (May 12, 2006)
The Register - Lords restrict terror website censorship plans
- The House of Lords has restricted Government plans to allow the police to order the take down of suspected terrorism-related web content by requiring that the authorities obtain the permission of a judge first. (February 06, 2006)
House of Commons - Media Standards
- Transcript of debates about the Press Complaints Commission and tabloid journalism. Includes comments on the legal cases against Mahzer Mahmood and Neville Thurlbeck. (June 09, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 1:02:57 UTC -