become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Issues
Society and Culture
Crime and Justice
Freedom of Information
Health and Safety
Human Rights and Liberties
National Identity Scheme
Northern Ireland Conflict
Public Private Partnerships
Violence and Abuse
Culture Wars - Dumbing Down, Wising Up?
- A critical examination of the 'dumbing down' debate in arts, media and education with reviews of recent productions and events.
- Democratic rights organization operating in UK and overseas, made up of a consortium of scholars, lawyers and others. Details of activities, reports and contact information.
Fax from Nowhere
- Articles and critical commentary on topics such as education, jobs, society, and digital democracy.
- E-magazine concerned with social housing issues in the UK. Page includes news, feature articles and career job listings.
National Coalition of Independent Action
- Alliance of organisations and individuals who have come together out of frustration and anger to object to the state of UK Voluntary and Community Sectors.
National HMO Lobby
- An association of community groups campaigning for action on the impact of concentrations of HMOs (houses in multiple occupation); information about activities, membership, and contact details.
OneWorld UK Campaigns
- News and ways to take action on a variety of issues, including human rights, sustainable development and the environment.
The Open Rights Group
- Campaigning organisation aiming to raise awareness of digital rights and civil liberties issues.
Oxfam: UK Poverty Blog
- Online space for debating and discussing UK poverty.
The Poverty Site
- Provides statistics on poverty and social exclusion in the UK, including annual reports, using 50 different indicators.
UK Metric Association
- Group campaigning for a single system of measurement. Advocacy resources and practical help.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 3, 2014 at 23:40:12 UTC -