become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Working_Class
Society and Culture
General Strike, 1926
Miners' Strike, 1984-5
Tressell, Robert - The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Trade Unions
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Labor
British History in-depth: Banners of the British Labour Movement
- An illustrated article on political banners in the nineteenth and twentieth century, including their use by trade union and women's suffrage movements.
The Intellectual Life of the British Working Classes
- Review of the book by Jonathan Rose.
North East Labour History
- A regional labour history society dedicated to the study of working people's history in the region.
North East Labour History Society
- UK´s oldest regional labour history society, dedicated to the study of working people's history in the region. Includes information about membership, publications, their activities and history. [Newcastle upon Tyne]
People's History Museum
- National centre for the collection, conservation, interpretation and study of material relating to the history of working people in Britain. Information about their history, collections and galleries, archives, events, and news. [Manchester]
Society for the Study of Labour History
- Organisation dedicated to the study of labour history in the UK; information about membership, publications, events, and newsletter; also offer downloadable lists of resources.
The Union Makes Us Strong : TUC History Online
- Information about the TUC Library Collections, now in London Metropolitan University; includes a timeline of union history, the manuscript of The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists online, and digitised pages from the first century of the Trades Union Congress.
Working Class Movement Library
- A collection of materials concerned with the activities, expression and enquiries of the labour movement, its allies and its enemies, since the late eighteenth century. Information about collections, events, and access.
Ymgyrchu! - The Communists
- Part of the National Library of Wales' project to catalogue a century of social and political agitation in Wales, focussing on the Communist Party's activities there.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2014 at 15:45:10 UTC -