become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Twentieth_Century
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History: Twentieth Century
World War One
World War Two
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century
All Those Days
- Richard Kindersley provides a personal reminiscence for each day of the year.
Backdate - The 60s and 70s
- Glance back in time to the 1960s and 1970s. Includes music, cinema, people and bands.
Basque Children of '37 Association UK
- Remembering the story of the children who in 1937, during the Spanish civil war, were evacuated from Bilbao in the Basque region of Spain to the United Kingdom.
Britain's Small Wars
- Containing information on wars after 1945.
Britannia's International Relations
- Great Britain and the World - 1895-1999; an extended chronology.
A Celebration of a Tonic to the Nation
- Resource from the Festival of Britain Society which describes the 1951 exhibition. Includes links to other "worlds fairs" and current millennium events.
Fall of the Empire
- An account of the decline of the British Empire in the Middle East and Asia through the twentieth century.
The Guardian: History of NHS reforms: A state of permanent revolution
- A short summary of the major milestones in the history of the NHS.
- Articles and notes about the history of Asian, African and other 'foreign' seamen serving on British ships in the twentieth century.
Nice Nostalgia Archive
- Photos and information on cultural greats and not-so-greats from the UK in the 1970s and 1980s.
Paddle Steamer Picture Gallery
- Information and pictures on British Excursion Steamers
Past Times Project
- Nostalgic memories of British life, information about heritage sites, and old friends search service.
- Popular culture in the 20th century.
- Research into the history of the tenants movement. It features two local studies of rents strikes at key stages of the formation of the English tenants movement.
- British nostalgia. A patriotic collection of sounds, sights and trivia, mainly from the 20th century.
Usenet alt.history.british -
Usenet alt.history.colonial -
Usenet soc.history -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:53:45 AM EDT -