become an editor
the entire directory
only in Taxation/Poll_Tax
Society and Culture
- The UK's experience with the poll tax reminds us that even in an economy with a relatively well developed detection and legal system, one cannot take tax compliance for granted. The experience of the poll tax provides a unique opportunity to study many dimensions of tax compliance.
Mrs. Thatcher's Poll Tax
- A critique of the Poll Tax from the American Libertarian Murray Rothbard. From his 1995 book "Making Economic Sense".
The Peasants' Revolt
- Article in Britannia on this revolt against a medieval poll tax.
The Poll Tax: The Battle that Brought Down Thatcher
- A history provided by the Trotskyite group, the Socialist Party, detailing the anti-Poll Tax campaign in which their forerunner "The Millitant Tendency" was prominent.
Rifkind Brands Poll Tax a Mistake
- Former Scottish Secretary Malcolm Rifkind concedes that the poll tax was a political error. (December 01, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 21:53:28 UTC -