become an editor
the entire directory
only in Taxation/Corn_Laws
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History: Taxation: Corn Laws
For a Repeal of the Corn Laws by Sir Robert Peel
- Parliamentary Speech by the Prime Minister, Robert Peel, on the successful motion to abolish the Corn Laws. Peel was seen as a traitor by many of his Conservative colleagues because of his volte-face on maintaining the laws.
The John Hampden Society
- A society devoted to the study of seventeenth century Parliamentarian John Hampden, who became famous through resisting the Charles I's illegal Ship Money tax.
Repeal of the British Corn Laws
- An article from the 1851 edition of the United States Democratic Review.
Richard Cobden - Free Trade With All Nations
- A speech given by a prominent opponent of the Corn Laws.
The Victorian Web: The Corn Laws
- Article on the history and economic significance of the Corn Laws.
Wikipedia: Corn Laws
- Article from the open source encyclopaedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 2, 2012 at 17:21:57 UTC -