become an editor
the entire directory
only in Prime_Ministers/Wilson,_Harold
Society and Culture
BBC News: Wilson's economic gamble
- Documents disclosed for the first time appear to show that Prime Minister Harold Wilson considered some unexpected political tactics in 1970.
BBC On This Day: Prime Minister Harold Wilson resigns
- Harold Wilson's sudden resignation on 16 March, 1976. Video footage available.
The Guardian: Harold Wilson - Leading Labour beyond pipe dreams
- The Guardian's obituary of Wilson written by Geoffrey Goodman.
InfoBritain: Harold Wilson
- Biographical article.
Leadership and Change: Prime Ministers in the Post-War World - Harold Wilson
- Lecture by Philip Ziegler with a response by Professor Peter Hennessy. Full text, video and audio files.
Paul Foot: Harold Wilson and the Labour Left
- Published in International Socialism (1st series), No.33, Summer 1968.
University of Southampton: Changing language in Harold Wilson's Commons speeches indicates cognitive deterioration during his final term of office
- News release about the publication of a study of linguistic analysis of Harold Wilson's speeches, suggesting that the earliest stages of Alzheimer's disease may have contributed to his decision to resign. (November 10, 2008)
Paul Foot: Pipe dreams
- Paul Foot recalls the Labour victory of 1964 and how his hopes of the time were swiftly shattered. Published in the Socialist Review. (June 01, 1995)
Time: Britain: Looking Back at No. 10
- Review of Harold Wilson's book, 'The Governance of Britain'. (October 25, 1976)
Time: Harold Wilson's Stunning Last Surprise
- Article on Wilson’s unexpected resignation in 1976. (March 29, 1976)
Time: Harold Wilson: 'A Sense of Timing'
- Analysis of Wilson's plans after the House of Commons approved the government's emergency package. (August 04, 1975)
Time: A Tiny Victory for Harold Wilson
- Article on Wilson’s second narrow victory in 1974. (October 21, 1974)
Time: Wilson's First Hundred Hours
- Article on the beginnings of Wilson’s second premiership. (March 18, 1974)
Time: Yes or No for Europe
- Article on the chances of the UK joining the Common Market after Harold Wilson’s return from his sixth travel to the Common Market countries. (March 17, 1967)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 0:54:17 UTC -