become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Nineteenth_Century
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History: Nineteenth Century
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century
Aspects of the Victorian book
- Detail-rich site that provides insight into the production and publishing of books in Britain during the nineteenth century.
The British Way: Imperialism
- Explores how the British nation acquired and governed an empire greater in size than any in history and how the Victorians adapted to the idea of imperialism.
Child Labour in the 19th Century
- Categories include: Factory Reformers, Supporters of Child Labour, Life in the Factory, The Factory Workers, Tactics and Issues, and The Factory Acts
Dr. William Palmer
- Information about Dr.William Palmer, the "Rugeley Poisoner", the "Prince of Poisoners", a nineteenth century Staffordshire character, his life, his crimes, his trial and public hanging.
- A survey of British and European culture in the early 19th century including: George IV, Princess Charlotte, The Crown Jewels of France and England, Napoleon's Carriage, the evolution of boxing, the tea table, period card games, the evolution of the thoroughbred, period fly-fishing, a growing selection of London addresses.
John Leech Archive
- Archive of Punch cartoons by John Leech 1841-1860, indexed by keywords, title and year.
The Peel Web
- Sir Robert Peel dominated parliament throughout the period 1830-50. Marjie Bloy covers many social, political and economic issues of the period.
The Peterloo Massacre
- A detailed analysis of the events of St Peter's Field, Manchester on the 16th August, 1819. Eyewitness accounts and biographical details of 25 people who saw what happened that day.
- British smuggling in the 18th and 19th centuries. Directions to smugglers' pubs, coves, caves and tunnels, together with the full, indexed text of a book on smuggling.
Soldiers of the Queen
- An online museum of Victorian-era British military photographs from the far corners of the empire.
True Tales of War, Adventure and Exploration
- Stories of British adventurers and explorers.
Victoria Research Web
- Provides research resources for the study of all aspects of Victorian Britain.
- Examines the plight of the working class and the poor under Victorianism.
- Dedicated to Victorian enthusiasts: a brief history and photos of the Victorian Era including Queen Victoria, Cameos and Victorian Architecture
- Victorian artefacts, objects, news, photographs, presented in an innovative way for schools, parents and those interested in the Victorian era.
Usenet alt.history.british -
Usenet alt.history.colonial -
Usenet soc.history -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:54:07 PM EST -