become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Heritage
Society and Culture
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: Europe
Association of Heritage Interpretation
- The UK forum for professionals, students and others concerned with heritage interpretation. News, events, awards, journal 'Interpretation' (contents lists and selected articles online.)
The Battlefields Trust
- Aims to save battlefields from destruction. News, events and sites under threat. Also general information on battlefields, including maps, images, air photos, walking and driving tours, and resources for teachers.
BBC: Saving Britain's Past
- This television series explores changing attitudes towards the past in post-war Britain. Tom Dyckhoff meets the people taking a stand and visits the places worth preserving.
Britain's Historic Sites
- Robert Brooks provides sample photographs, each with site descriptions, of historic locations in England, Wales and Scotland with a 15,000 item index.
British Agricultural History Society
- Promotes the study of agricultural history and the history of the rural economy and society. Organization information, upcoming conferences, and related links.
British Heritage Magazine
- Covers British and Irish travel, events, tours, culture and destinations. Article archive, back issues and photographs.
The Defence of Britain Project
- Volunteers under the wing of the Council for British Archaeology aim to make a complete record of 20th-century military structures and sites. Two newsletters on-line.
- Roy Addis's photographs of British fire marks, with a history of fire marks and catalogue of all the insurance companies that issued fire marks.
Heritage Lottery Fund
- The body which distributes a share of the income from the National Lottery to projects aimed at preserving and making accessible the nation's heritage. Describes the fund and its organisation and how to apply for a grant. Includes heritage facts and figures and case studies.
Historic Environment Information Resources Network
- HEIRNET's Internet register of organisations with information resources relating to archaeology and the historic environment in the United Kingdom.
HistoryNet: British Heritage
- A magazine of travel and history in England, Scotland and Wales. For people who want to know their way around Britain’s history and landscapes.
Institute of Conservation
- The representative body for professional conservators and restorers in private and institutional practice in the UK.
Institute of Historic Building Conservation
- The professional institute which represents conservation professionals in the public and private sectors in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies
- Based at Newcastle University, it offers MAs in Museum Studies, Gallery Studies, and Heritage Education and Interpretation.
- Consultancy producing visitor guides, walking guides, town maps, and teaching packs for clients across the UK from concept to completion. Personnel, services, samples.
The Ironbridge Institute
- Postgraduate courses in heritage management and industrial heritage.
Jewish Heritage UK
- Dedicated to caring for the historic buildings, sites and collections of Britain’s Jewish community, including synagogues, cemeteries, archives, artefacts and ritual silver.
Museums and Heritage Online
- Comprehensive news, opinion, in-depth articles, best practice guidance, information and intelligence about the museums and heritage sector.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 3, 2013 at 23:00:08 UTC -