become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genealogy/Organisations
Society and Culture
Society: Genealogy: Organizations
Anglo-Italian Family History Society
- For people trying to trace their Italian ancestry from the United Kingdom back to Italy. Guide to resources.
Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry
- A well established regional genealogical organisation covering the counties of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, and Worcestershire. There are details of the society including membership, publications and activities.
Buckinghamshire Family History Society
- Containing details of the society's meetings, how to join the society, publications and materials held, mailing lists, searchable databases and contact information.
The Bunting Society
- Aims to collect, collate and disseminate information concerning the surname Bunting and its variants.
Cave Family History Society
- The society collects data and information covering all nations of the world where members of the Cave family have settled.
The Cory Society
- History and genealogy of the Cory family, co-ordinating research contributions, meetings and reunions.
East Surrey Family History Society
- Covers the east of Surrey and part of Greater London. Includes activities, meetings, publications, membership and research centre.
The Family History Society of Martin
- Forums, events, publications, links and articles.
Federation of Family History Societies
- FFHS is an international organisation based in the UK which represents, advises and supports over 220 family history societies and genealogical organisations worldwide, with a total Membership of over 180,000.
Fenland Family History Societies
- Society for the promotion and research of family history in the Fenland area. Details of membership, meetings and projects.
Foundation for Medieval Genealogy
- A source for genealogical, heraldic, and other related data from the medieval period, based on an extensive library. The site gives details of the foundation's projects and how to join.
Hampshire Genealogical Society
- Charitable society for family history and genealogical research in Hampshire, listing publications and other material held, membership and related information, plus an embryonic collection of pictures of churches and schools.
The Harleian Society
- The society exists to publish transcripts of the heraldic visitations of counties, parish registers or any manuscripts relating to genealogy, family history and heraldry, particularly those held in the College of Arms. Details are given of their publications and a history of the society.
Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies
- A charitable organisation promoting and encouraging research in genealogy and heraldry. They provide information about services that they provide, library resources, and how to join the institute.
Irish Genealogical Research Society
- Covering Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, the society's website gives details of library holdings, publications, membership, and activities.
LRFHS Members Interests
- Interests of members of the Leicestershire and Rutland family history society.
The Palgrave Society
- Co-ordinates research into the history of the Palgrave families.
Powys Family History Society
- Encompassing Montgomeryshire, Radnorshire, Breconshire Genealogy. Expertise, records, indexes, transcription and publications programme.
The Quaker Family History Society
- Aims to encourage and assist people interested in tracing the history of Quaker families in Britain and Ireland.
Railway Ancestors Family History Society
- Dedicated to helping its members find their railway ancestors. Contents includes membership details, publications and members' interests.
Romany and Traveller Family History Society
- Family historians with a special interest in their British Gypsy and Traveller roots; information about membership, publications, and their events.
Society of Genealogists
- Their library is the largest genealogical collection in the UK with extensive collections of family histories, civil registration and census material, parish register copies, local histories, poll books and directories, publications of county records and archaeological societies.
St Helens Townships Family History Society
- Independent group of family history transcribers and researchers, based in St Helens.
Unit for Prosopographical Research
- Based at Linacre College, University of Oxford, the UPR is dedicated to the study of medieval prosopography. This includes genealogy, onomastics, heraldry, and demography, as well as political history.
- Covering the whole of Yorkshire, this family history section of the Yorkshire Archeological Society offers membership, news, projects, photographs, and related information, with contact details.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 15:29:16 UTC -