become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Genealogy
Society and Culture
Archives and Record Offices
Romani and Traveller
Chats and Forums
Society: Organizations: Lineage: Cultural: Clans
- Large resource for UK and Irish genealogy, lists various guides, county by county links, bulletin boards, mailing lists and many other relevant articles and links.
- Creates family tree maps using a genealogy software.
- Resource for British genealogical research. Includes free 1841 London, Hampshire and Norfolk Census databases, vital records and forums.
- Family tree, genealogy and census records.
- Researching the family history of people along the River Thames in England with an emphasis on barge and dock workers.
- Family history help and advice site with a forum. Useful information on resources.
British Home Children
- Site's ethos is to increase awareness of the British Child Emigration Scheme and provide links to useful sites.
Burke's Peerage and Gentry
- Guide to the royal, aristocratic and historical families of the United Kingdom, Ireland and the USA. Contains useful articles on genealogy. Full access to the database requires subscription.
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Searchable Debt of Honour Register records basic service details and personal information including grave location or place of commemoration for members of the Commonwealth Forces who died in the first or second world wars.
- The database is available online. Useful articles and guides.
- Gazetteer of hamlets, villages and towns with links to the exact locations on current and Victorian maps. Each village has a page for genealogy and local history queries. Searchable by location, surrounding areas and surname.
Family History UK
- A family tree, genealogy, and ancestry portal.
Family Tree Magazine
- List and extracts of current month's articles as well as information on how to subscribe.
- Volunteer project with the aim of providing free access to births, marriages and deaths information for England and Wales.
Genealogy of the UK
- A guide to finding UK archives, libraries, surname lists, parish registers, cemeteries, directories, war memorials, electoral rolls and censuses.
- Resources for British, Irish, Scots origins. Requires subscription.
Pedigree Users Group
- A genealogy system for researching, storing and printing family history.
- Genealogical and biographical information on the rulers of Britain from William the Conqueror to Elizabeth II. Includes information on the British peerage and European royalty.
Trade Union Ancestors
- Aims to help family historians to identify the correct union, to discover the role their ancestor played in it, and to find out more about trade union history.
UK Family History
- The site gives an overview of family history resources in the UK.
UK Genealogy Archives
- Resources include parish registers, herald's visitations, owners of land, county parish and place descriptions, and a name database.
UK Genealogy Common Acronyms and Jargon
- Explains common jargon expressions for UK genealogy, their definitions, and some web-based resources for them.
- Information on industrial/reformatory schools and other similar institutions in England and Wales in the 19th and early 20th century.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 16, 2014 at 14:45:53 UTC -