become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Service_Animals
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Blindness and Visual Impairment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Deafness and Hearing Impairment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Disability: Independent Living
Society: Disabled: Service Animals
Cancer and Bio-Detection Dogs
- A charity that trains dogs to detect the odour given off by human diseases such as diabetes and cancer. Explains the training methods with articles, sponsorship details and research information.
- A registered charity assists disabled people to enjoy greater independence and a better quality of life through the help of specially trained dogs. Includes news and events.
Canines for Disabled Kids
- Sponsoring dogs to assist disabled children with everyday tasks. Includes how to apply for a dog, events and donation details.
- Charity which specialises in helping the physically disabled to train their own pet dogs to work as assistance dogs. Details of training available and fundraising activities.
Dogs for the Disabled
- Charity which helps disabled people to increase their independence by training specially selected dogs to live and work with them, giving them an enhanced quality of life. Includes history, dogs, clients and donation form.
Guide Dogs & Their Owners
- Disability article offering details of guide dog etiquette along with do's and dont's when meeting a blind or visually impaired guide dog user.
The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
- The UK's largest and oldest guide dog assocciation. Includes social events, national raffle and news.
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Trains dogs to alert deaf people to sounds such as the alarm clock, doorbell, telephone and smoke alarms, Includes news, literature and how to support.
Pets As Therapy
- Cats and dogs registered to visit hospitals and residential homes to offer comfort and support. Offers information of how to get involved, forum and fact sheets.
The Seeing Dogs Alliance
- An alternative source of dogs to guide blind people. Information on activities, and ways in which people can help.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2015 at 15:45:13 UTC -