become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Independent_Living
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Property: Housing Associations
Society: Disabled: Independent Living
Ability Housing Association
- Providing housing and support services for people with disabilities near London. Includes news and services offered.
- Offering free and ethical information and advice about products which can increase disabled or older people's choices about how they live. Regional centres, news and publications.
Care and Repair England
- Charity created to improve the housing and living conditions of older and disabled people. Campaigns, activities, advice on funding adaptions and repairs, rights, facts and figures.
Community Integrated Care
- Non profit service provider, delivers a range of specialist care and support services for adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health concerns.
Disabled Living Foundation
- Solutions for independent living. Advises on and provides equipment for disabled people.
- A care and support provider for people with special needs. Offers information about their accommodation and support services, schemes and projects in east London and Essex.
Fed Centre for Independent Living
- Charity which works to promote independence and dignity for people with disabilities. News, links and services including an advice centre, complementary therapies and counselling.
- Includes news, reviews, products and information designed to help disabled people live independently.
Independent Living Alternatives
- Promotes the right of disabled people to live independently. Information on support services, employing personal assistants, advocacy and rights.
The Independent Living Funds
- National resource dedicated to the financial support of disabled people enabling them to choose to live in the community rather than residential care.
Independent Living Schemes
- Provides information and advice for people using support services in York. Contains direct payment details.
- Manages community homes and workshops where people with learning disabilities and carers can live and work together. Publications, news and events.
Leonard Cheshire Disability
- Information, support, assistance and publications for disabled people. News and views, online donation facility and links to other resources.
National Centre for Independent Living (NCIL)
- Advances the philosophy and advocates for the human rights of, and services for, people with disabilities. Includes a directory of local support schemes, employer's kit and a newsletter for personal assistants.
- Leisure, arts and independent living resource for people with learning or physical disabilities.
- National charity dedicated to the integration of people with physical disabilities in the community.
- Provides services to help disabled people learn new skills to increase their independence. Services include brain injury rehab, independent living, mobility and vocational services for job-skills training.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 24, 2015 at 9:50:23 UTC -