become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Children
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Children
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Children: Organisations
Society: Disabled: Children
Action for Sick Children
- A charity, specially formed to ensure that sick children receive the highest standard of care possible. Offers news and current affairs, help lines and disability links.
Association of Wheelchair Children
- Provides specialist wheelchair training, assessments and therapy to children in the UK. Provides details of how to get involved along with the free training sessions.
Child Disability Help
- Providing vital help and support to families in the UK with a child or children up to 16 years of age with a disability.
The Children's Society
- Working with and for children to help them deal with life's challenges and face the future with confidence. Includes fundraising details and list of shops.
The Children's Trust
- Based at Tadworth, Surrey, the charity provides specialist care for severely disabled children many of whom have particularly complex health needs. Information on services offered, and contact details.
- A nationwide lending library of braille and print children's books. Details of available books plus how to join the library.
Contact a Family
- Contact a Family is a UK charity for families with disabled children. Offers information on specific conditions and rare disorders.
Dame Vera Lynn Trust
- Trust for children with Cerebral Palsy offering help to families with young children affected by CP. Details of the trust plus how to help.
- Charity aiming to support, advise and possibly help with funds for families with severely disabled children.
- Information and help with civil rights for the disabled. Includes statistics of single parent families with disabled children. Includes news and a donation section.
Henry Spink Foundation
- A charity providing help to families with children who have a disability. Background, information centre and aims.
The Hollow Lane Club
- Providing after school clubs, Saturday clubs and holiday play schemes for children with special needs. Details of clubs in Exeter and Okehampton.
The Housing Needs of Disabled Children
- Survey of 3,000 parents of severely disabled children providing data at a national level on the housing needs of disabled children and their families.
Kids Out Charity
- Established by Rotary International and Littlewoods to help children with learning difficulties. News, how to help, events and contact information.
National Council for Disabled Children
- Discussion, development and dissemination of policy and practice issues relating to service provision and support. Publications, projects, parent partnerships and events.
Special Needs Kids
- This site is an information directory and shopping site to help parents of children with special needs and learning disabilities. Includes articles and campaigns.
Variety, the Children's Charity
- Raises funds for sick, disabled and disadvantaged children. Entertainers who volunteer their time, talents and skills. News, events and fundraising.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 28, 2014 at 20:55:16 UTC -