become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Children
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Children
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Children: Organisations
Society: Disabled: Children
Action for Sick Children
- A charity, specially formed to ensure that sick children receive the highest standard of care possible. Offers news and current affairs, help lines and disability links.
Association of Wheelchair Children
- Provides specialist wheelchair training, assessments and therapy to children in the UK. Provides details of how to get involved along with the free training sessions.
Child Disability Help
- Providing vital help and support to families in the UK with a child or children up to 16 years of age with a disability.
The Children's Society
- Working with and for children to help them deal with life's challenges and face the future with confidence. Includes fundraising details and list of shops.
The Children's Trust
- Based at Tadworth, Surrey, the charity provides specialist care for severely disabled children many of whom have particularly complex health needs. Information on services offered, and contact details.
- A nationwide lending library of braille and print children's books. Details of available books plus how to join the library.
Contact a Family
- Contact a Family is a UK charity for families with disabled children. Offers information on specific conditions and rare disorders.
Dame Vera Lynn Children's Charity
- Offers an early intervention service for babies and children under five years of age with cerebral palsy and other motor learning difficulties. Includes overview, history, celebrity support, stories, school for parents and how to get involved.
- Charity aiming to support, advise and possibly help with funds for families with severely disabled children.
- Information and help with civil rights for the disabled. Includes statistics of single parent families with disabled children. Includes news and a donation section.
Henry Spink Foundation
- A charity providing help to families with children who have a disability. Background, information centre and aims.
The Hollow Lane Club
- Providing after school clubs, Saturday clubs and holiday play schemes for children with special needs. Details of clubs in Exeter and Okehampton.
- Working with disabled children and their families to provide support, education and social activities for the child and parent.
Kids Out Charity
- Established by Rotary International and Littlewoods to help children with learning difficulties. News, how to help, events and contact information.
National Council for Disabled Children
- Discussion, development and dissemination of policy and practice issues relating to service provision and support. Publications, projects, parent partnerships and events.
Special Kids in the UK
- A registered charity setup with the aim of providing support to parents, or carers, of children with special needs. Find out about support, social and fundraising events and how to donate.
Special Needs Kids
- This site is an information directory and shopping site to help parents of children with special needs and learning disabilities. Includes articles and campaigns.
Variety, the Children's Charity
- Raises funds for sick, disabled and disadvantaged children. Entertainers who volunteer their time, talents and skills. News, events and fundraising.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2016 at 3:13:47 UTC -