become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Assistive_Technology
Society and Culture
Computer Access Aids
Products and Services
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Accessibility
Society: Disabled: Assistive Technology
- National charity providing expertise on computing and disability. Need assessment, technical expertise, advice and support plus adapted computer equipment for people with a range of disabilities.
- Assessment, advice and training in the use of technology for young people with physical and communication difficulties. Information on assessments, software, training and publications.
- Designs and provides dementia activities and games as well as other dementia products such as reminiscence activity aids, jigsaws, art activities and exercise related products.
- Provides specialised computer equipment to people with disabilities to aid their communication. Includes services offered and links.
British Computer Association of the Blind
- Self-help group of visually impaired computer professionals and users. Training, newsletter, courses and a CD called Guide Cats for the Blind.
- National voluntary organisation of members concerned with augmentative and alternative communications. Articles, journals and symposia.
- Encourages the design and manufacture of equipment for disabled people and provides specially designed equipment.
Foundation for Assistive Technology
- For all those with an interest or involved in the development of assistive technology. With database of research projects, AT events, user forum and news.
- A registered charity which makes bespoke equipment for disabled children, including computer interface equipment.
- A network of volunteer engineers and craftsmen who make free one off aids for disabled people. Case histories, donations, resources and yearbook.
Remap Essex West
- Volunteers making bespoke devices for disabled people. How we work, case studies and donation requests. Includes Essex Disabled People's Association Annual Review.
Remap Leeds and Bradford Panel
- Volunteers design and supply specialised equipment for essential daily needs and recreational activities. Examples, products, news and funding.
- Information about adaptive technology including assistive technology and smart homes to help disabled and older people living at home.
- Specialists in audio and speech access offering training and consultancy in how to work effectively with a range of adaptive and mainstream technology.
Wheelchair Information Guide
- Independent guide including product specifications from individual who works for an officially recognised wheelchair repairer.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 30, 2015 at 22:40:26 UTC -