become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Assistive_Technology
Society and Culture
Computer Access Aids
Products and Services
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Accessibility
Society: Disabled: Assistive Technology
- National charity providing expertise on computing and disability. Need assessment, technical expertise, advice and support plus adapted computer equipment for people with a range of disabilities.
- Assessment, advice and training in the use of technology for young people with physical and communication difficulties. Information on assessments, software, training and publications.
- Provides specialised computer equipment to people with disabilities to aid their communication. Includes services offered and links.
British Computer Association of the Blind
- Self-help group of visually impaired computer professionals and users. Training, newsletter, courses and a CD called Guide Cats for the Blind.
- National voluntary organisation of members concerned with augmentative and alternative communications. Articles, journals and symposia.
COTIS (Confederation of Transcribed Information Services)
- Promotes the provision of information in alternative formats to print. Information about the Disability Discrimination Act, their accreditation scheme, membership, and online newsletters.
- Encourages the design and manufacture of equipment for disabled people and provides specially designed equipment.
Foundation for Assistive Technology
- For all those with an interest or involved in the development of assistive technology. With database of research projects, AT events, user forum and news.
Logical Accessibility Solutions
- Registered charity aiming to research and develop innovations and ideas that will improve the lifestyle of people with disabilities. Provides information for both investors and innovators.
MERU (Medical Engineering Resource Unit)
- A registered charity which makes bespoke equipment for disabled children, including computer interface equipment.
- A network of volunteer engineers and craftsmen who make free one off aids for disabled people. Case histories, donations, resources and yearbook.
Remap Essex West
- Volunteers making bespoke devices for disabled people. How we work, case studies and donation requests. Includes Essex Disabled People's Association Annual Review.
Remap Leeds and Bradford Panel
- Volunteers design and supply specialised equipment for essential daily needs and recreational activities. Examples, products, news and funding.
- Information about adaptive technology including assistive technology and smart homes to help disabled and older people living at home.
- Specialists in audio and speech access offering training and consultancy in how to work effectively with a range of adaptive and mainstream technology.
Wheelchair Information Guide
- Independent guide including product specifications from individual who works for an officially recognised wheelchair repairer.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2014 at 2:28:48 UTC -