become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts/Theatre
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Disability: Arts: Theatre
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Performing Arts: Theatre
Society: Disabled: Arts: Theatre
Action Space Mobile Community Arts Company
- Community arts organisation, working locally, nationally and internationally, and specialising in arts work with people with a disability. Information about their programmes and projects, partners, and contact details.
Birds of Paradise Theatre Company
- Glasgow theatre company training physically disabled actors and producing fully integrated performances. Flash required, includes production clips.
Heart 'n' Soul
- Music theatre group for young people with learning disabilities. London based but also tours. Includes details of Beautiful Octopus Club, Squidz club, music, art and diary.
Hijinx Theatre Company
- Professional theatre company touring plays to communities and people with learning disabilities, plus details of Odyssey Theatre, a participatory theatre group. Cardiff based.
- A professional touring theatre group lead by deaf and hearing professionals, producing events accessible to both deaf and hearing audiences. Information about programme and associated services.
- An Inclusive theatre group who's aim is to achieve a level of theatrical professionalism to overcome barriers to disability. View performances and how to join.
- An integrated youth theatre for Deaf and hearing impaired young people aged 13-18. View their awards, future events and workshops. Based in Birmingham.
- A pioneering company and registered charity, some of whose members happen to have Down's Syndrome. Based in Shropshire.
Mind The Gap
- Drama club, music arc and youth theatre group for teenagers with learning disability. Includes details of apprenticeship programme, national tour, profiles and contact interface for personnel, at two centres in Bradford and Keighley. [requires Flash]
- Interactive theatre for under fives and young people with learning difficulties, tours to schools, nurseries and arts venues. London based.
The Orpheus Centre
- A residential performing arts centre for young disabled artists founded by Richard Stilgoe. Offering courses in various disciplines of performing arts and apprenticeships in life skills. Godstone, Surrey.
- Theatrical and drama based special needs support organisation. Background, aims, funding news and FAQs.
Spare Tyre Theatre Company
- Originally a feminist theatre company and now working with disadvantaged youth and people with learning disabilities. Latest news, volunteer and donation details. London based.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:04:59 PM EDT -