become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability/Arts
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment
Society: Disabled: Arts
- Listings, databases of disabled artists, a gallery, funding information and grant guidelines.
The Arts Council of England
- Produces a number of publications on arts and disability, directory of art and disability organisations. Available in large print, Braille and cassette.
Arts Disability Wales
- Works throughout Wales to promote equal opportunities in the arts for disabled people, providing training, information and advice.
- Information and advice service for disabled people on arts and entertainment in the London area.
- Brighton and Hove based charity for creative arts by and with people with learning difficulties and disabilities. Mission, projects, clubbing nights and links.
- Art classes for physically disabled people, exhibitions of member's art work. Videos on their methods are available for purchase.
Dash Disability Arts in Shropshire
- Gallery, artists' profiles, news, events and an invitation to get involved.
Disability Arts Online
- Providing details of arts activities for the disabled with future projects, directory of resources and employment.
Disabled Photographers' Society
- Voluntary group shows membership subscriptions, services offered to members, news, pictures and competitions.
Fased in the Arts
- Organisation for freelance and self employed disabled people in the arts in the East Midlands. Database of artists with examples of work and membership details.
- Experimental arts organisation developing projects which reflect the experiences, choices and abilities of learning disabled people. Includes art images and events.
Full Circle Arts
- Disability arts development agency in the North West. Projects, access, advocacy, training and a database of artists.
Low Vision Art
- Promoting the hobby of painting to those people who are either blind or partially sighted. Offers hints and tips about getting started and practical advice.
- A group of museums and galleries in London who provide events and facilities for deaf and hard of hearing visitors. Includes details of institutions, and an events calendar
The Other Side Gallery
- Provides training programmes for people with mental health problems, physical, sensory and learning difficulties. Includes gallery, news items and plans and aims.
- Glasgow Centre for Developmental Arts and Trongate Studios. Artist led workshop programme for disabled people and studio space for people with mental health problems. Exhibition details.
Richard Attenborough Centre for Disability and the Arts
- Arts Centre at Leicester University. Focused on people with disabilities and members of the public who have previously found access to arts and arts education difficult.
- Collective, multi-media events. Dance, theatre, sculpture, workshops, performances and projects.
- Creates access to the arts for disabled and older people. London based but serving the UK. Pages on deaf arts and discount tickets with volunteer drivers.
- Diary pages and gallery from disabled artist Simon Smith. Simon writes from both a personal and social perspective, including comments about his experience as a person with a disability.
- Tips for other disabled artists and a gallery of work.
- A nationwide audio description service for people with a visual impairment, providing access to the arts. Information about the service and a schedule of performances.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2014 at 12:04:57 UTC -