become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability
Society and Culture
Disability Discrimination Act
Issues and Rights
News and Media
Products and Services
- Lists disability goods, aids, services, information and mobility products. Includes access issues, disabled sports and the arts. Contains disability related news and offers free listings.
- Reflects the wider view of life for disabled people. Contains community news, message boards, articles and disability links.
- Disability organisation. Advice, campaigns, services and First Person magazine.
Check The Map
- A list of the services and facilities available for people with learning disabilities in the UK. Includes books, DVDs and a calendar of disability events.
Disability Pregnancy and Parenthood International
- small UK based registered charity, controlled by disabled parents, which promotes better awareness and support for disabled people considering, during and after pregnancy and as parents.
- Information on disability issues, directory of suppliers and adapted holiday accommodation, links and forum.
- UK based friends and dating, chat, swap shop, message board, and links.
- Disabled product reviews and support group venues. Includes holiday accommodation, forums, articles and chat.
Focus on Disability
- An independent not for profit website providing disability support, advice and information as well as a discussion forum and a broad selection of related websites of interest.
- Communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing including electronic note taking, remote captioning and lipspeaking.
- Leisure and arts resource for people with learning or physical disabilities. Information on adaptive games.
- Offers isolated people the chance to contact one another for friendship and mutual help. Promote social integration between disabled people. Includes news, gallery and history.
- National organisation run by disabled people. Bookshop, mailing list and email chat service. Links to other disability sites.
- A website run and owned by Penn Wooding a C5/6 tetraplegic. See how Penn copes with living with a spinal cord injury, read personal stories and related information.
- Offering help and advice on issues such as employment, motoring, equipment, money, computing, health and the community.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 30, 2014 at 13:24:03 UTC -