become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Peace
Society and Culture
Society: Issues: Peace
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Nuclear: Disarmament Activism
- Anti-war news, events calendar, media alerts, gallery, and links.
Bath Stop The War Coalition
- Broad coalition of campaigners and activists aligned against wars, especially those in Afghanistan and Iraq. Forthcoming events, war and peace news from around the world, book reviews, and message board.
The Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation.
- The Foundation was formed to further the cause of peace, and to assist in the pursuit of freedom and justice.
Bradford Stop the War Coalition
- Loose grouping of individuals and organisations united in their opposition to the war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Activities diary, accounts of previous protests, and resources for anti-war activists.
Brighton and Hove Action For Peace
- Local group taking non-violent forms of action for peace. Online newsletter.
Cambridge Clarion Group
- Aims of the group are to stop the bombing of Afghanistan and to stop the bombing of innocent people everywhere. Strategies, upcoming local and national events, articles, and photos.
Cambridge Students Against the War
- Group of students from universities and colleges in Cambridge who are opposing the war currently being waged by the American government and its allies against Afghanistan. Upcoming events, anti-war campaigning resources, mailing lists, and photos of past events.
Campaign Against Arms Trade
- Campaigns for the reduction and ultimate abolition of the international arms trade and the UK's role in it as a leading arms exporter. News, reports, information, newsletter, events diary, and suggestions for activism.
Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- Campaigns non-violently to rid the world of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction. Information sheets, news, briefings and reports, press release archive, and diary of upcoming events and actions.
Campaign for the Accountability of American Air Bases
- Opposed to weapons of mass destruction in general and nuclear weapons in particular. Focus is on raising public awareness and accountability of American bases in the UK. News, articles, photos, and events.
Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases
- Opposed to weapons of mass destruction, and also to the proposed American Missile Defense and Theater Missile Defense programs.
Christian Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- London-based group of Christians witnessing on the basis of their faith against nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, while also positively campaigning for peace. Press releases, event calendar, FAQ, and membership information.
The Churchill Bust
- A campaign for the return of the Jacob Epstein bust of Winston Churchill, loaned by Tony Blair to George Bush.
Cincinnati Ulster Project
- The Cincinnati based branch of the Ulster Project is dedicated to fostering peaceful resolution of the violence in Northern Ireland. Offers information on its history as well as how anyone can get involved in out project.
County Durham Branch, Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- Lists the campaign's aims and provides news of its activities together with membership and contact details.
Cymdeithas y Cymod
- The Fellowship of Reconciliation in Wales is a faith-based pacifist organisation actively working to promote peace and understanding through non-violent means. Includes events, history, resources, and membership leaflet.
- Fluid group of people of different ages, nationalities, genders, sexualities, and political and religious beliefs who take nonviolent direct action together against war and militarism. Reports and photos of previous actions and alerts on upcoming events.
The Forgiveness Project
- Grassroots organisation working in conflict resolution, reconciliation and victim support. Features stories of forgiveness, news, and community involvement.
Foundation for Peace
- Campaign of the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Trust working to develop in young people a better understanding of the nature and causes of conflict and equip them with peace building skills. Mission, programs, ways to become involved.
Initiatives of Change UK
- Branch of an international network of people working for reconciliation and justice, locally and globally, starting with change in their own lives. Formerly known as MRA. Includes news, articles, contact information, and links to related sites.
Justice Not Vengeance
- Anti-war group which developed out of ARROW (Active Resistance to the Roots of War). JNV opposes the US-UK 'war on terrorism', and campaigns for a peaceful resolution of international conflicts, based on justice and equality. Briefings, event and action diaries, newsletter, and mailing list.
Kingston Peace Council/Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- Local peace and nuclear disarmament group working in the Kingston-upon-Thames area of South West London. Newsletter, forthcoming events, and articles.
Labour Against the War
- The Labour Party and trade union campaign for an end to military action against Afghanistan and neighbouring countries. Includes calendar of events, background reading, and eyewitness reports.
Milton Keynes Stop the War! Group
- Broad coalition of groups and individuals in the Milton Keynes area set up to oppose the war against Iraq. Continuing to call for aid not bombs, UN not US, and no more pre-emptive strikes. Events, resources, and discussion board.
Ministry for Peace
- Organisation working for the creation of a Ministry for Peace within the government and an independent Commission for Peace. News, articles, photo gallery, forums, and ways to become involved.
Movement for the Abolition of War
- Building a civil society movement for the abolition of war by challenging popular thinking about the acceptability of war and raising awareness of constructive alternatives. Includes events calendar, reasons to abolish war, resources, and membership form.
Network for Peace
- Organisation-based network which acts as a contact point for queries about peace organisations, actions, vigils, and demonstrations. News, events diary, and membership information.
Northern Friends Peace Board
- Organisation of Quakers in the north of Britain set up to support "the active promotion of peace in all its height and breadth". Events calendar, news, articles, and activist resources.
Nottingham Student Peace Movement
- Anti-war, pro-peace organisation made up of students at the University of Nottingham. Includes events, photos, list of books for loan, newsletter, and contact information.
- Network of individuals who monitor and track the movement of British WMDs from Aldermaston in Berkshire to Coulport on the West coast of Scotland. Offers news, resources, and ways to become involved.
Peace Not War
- Provides lyrics and audio from CD of anti-war songs by various artists. Includes anti-war art, peace group search engine, musicians' statements, and information on where to buy the compilation CD.
School Students Against War
- National network of students working together to campaign against the occupation of Iraq and against any future military intervention in the Middle East. Offers forum, news, and resources.
Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- Main emphasis is to enlighten the Scottish Government and the public of the reality of Palestinian life under Israeli rule in Palestinian occupied territories. News, publications, upcoming events, campaigns, and suggestions for activism.
Students Against the War UK
- Interactive site for school and university students involved in the anti-war movement. Includes first-hand reports from protests, discussion forums, and calendar of forthcoming actions.
Surrey Stop The War Coalition
- Broad based coalition of individuals and organisations opposed to the military response to the September 11th, 2001 attacks. Aims, activities, reports, photos, resources, and contact information.
Tayside for Justice in Palestine
- Broad based movement in Tayside to support the Palestinians struggle for justice.
- Campaign to disarm the UK Trident nuclear weapons system in a non-violent, open, peaceful, and fully accountable manner. Background, news, events, newsletters, handbook, and petitions.
UK Stop the War Coalition
- Bringing together diverse groups and individuals to stop the war by the USA and Great Britain on Afghanistan and to argue for peace and justice. Provides news, articles, mailing lists, calendar of peace events throughout England and Wales, photos, and resources for groups and individuals.
Ulster Project of Massillon/Canton, Ohio
- Promotes peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland. Hosts homestays in the United States for Protestant and Catholic youths from the Greater Belfast area.
- Campaigns locally and provides information on peace and nuclear issues. Events diary, ways to become involved, news, and resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 22, 2016 at 5:24:07 UTC -