become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Issues
Society and Culture
Edinburgh, City of
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues
Asylum Destitution Support Network
- Aims to raise awareness of asylum destitution in Scotland, and to promote and coordinate practical support and aid projects. Information on the crisis, their campaign events and news, and a directory of useful contacts.
- Charity supporting families under stress, protecting children from harm and neglect, helping children recover from abuse and promoting children's rights and interests.
Citizens Advice Scotland
- Helps people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice. Profile, services, volunteering information and campaigns.
Development Trusts Association Scotland
- The national body for community based regeneration work; includes information about their activities, a directory of members, and contact details.
Ethnic Minorities Law Centre
- Provides ethnic minority communities, in Glasgow and the West of Scotland, with access to professional services to address legal needs; includes information about projects, services, history, and volunteer opportunities. [May not work in all browsers.]
Gordon Brown is Innocent
- Campaign to clear a Scottish whistle-blower who was sentenced to five years imprisonment by a Namibian court.
The Hebridean Trust
- Dedicated to preserving the unique Hebridean way of life, and to secure the future of communities in the isles. Information about projects, newsletters, ways to help, and contacts.
One Parent Families Scotland
- Information, links and resources for single parents in Scotland.
Positive Action in Housing Ltd
- Charity for ethnic minorities; includes, profile, details of membership, articles, news, how to volunteer and training.
- Quarriers Village is a Scottish charity helping various social groups across Scotland by staging fundraising events and running a full range of social services.
The Refugee Survival Trust
- Provides small grant support to refugee families. Details of patrons, trustees, activities and links.
Rural Housing Service
- Provides help and support on housing issues. Includes information about what they do, who they are, case studies, news and information, and contact information.
Scotland's Gardens Scheme
- Charity which raises funds by facilitating the opening of gardens throughout Scotland to the public. Includes information about the beneficiaries and viewing gardens.
Scottish Association for Mental Health
- Offers profile of aims, advice on illness, services offered and contact details.
Scottish Council for Single Homeless
- Contains news, briefings and information on the organisation and the work they do.
Scottish Debt Help
- Set up to provide a solution to spiraling debt for people in Scotland.
Scottish Friends of Israel
- Supporting and promoting universal freedoms, human rights and social justice for Israel and all freedom loving peoples; includes group profile, news, and contacts.
The Scottish Poppy Appeal
- Offers practical support to ex-Service people, their families and dependents in need. Includes an online donation service, support information and contact details.
Scottish Refugee Council
- Offers advice, information and assistance to asylum seekers and refugees in Scotland. Details of events, publications, news, jobs and volunteering.
- Provides housing advice, support for homeless families, support for rural communities, and advocacy. Includes housing advice, campaign information, how to help, jobs and programmes.
Social Enterprise Scotland
- A membership-led lobbying and campaigning organisation for social enterprise in Scotland. Includes profiles of key personnel and details of events.
Victim Support Scotland
- Offers support to victims and witnesses of crime. Includes directory of local contacts, helpline information, and details of their multi-language assistance.
Victims of Crime in Scotland
- Offers advice on reporting crime, arrest and prosecution, sentencing, and contact details.
Witnesses In Scotland
- Offers advice for adults, children and young people about going to court and being a witness.
- Directory of charitable organisations within Scotland's voluntary sector. Includes information for organisations, and for people interested in helping.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 23:42:00 UTC -