become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Issues
Society and Culture
Edinburgh, City of
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues
Asylum Destitution Support Network
- Aims to raise awareness of asylum destitution in Scotland, and to promote and coordinate practical support and aid projects. Information on the crisis, their campaign events and news, and a directory of useful contacts.
- Charity supporting families under stress, protecting children from harm and neglect, helping children recover from abuse and promoting children's rights and interests.
Citizens Advice Scotland
- Helps people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice. Profile, services, volunteering information and campaigns.
Debt Advisory Services (Scotland) Ltd
- Set up to provide a solution to spiraling debt for people in Scotland.
Development Trusts Association Scotland
- The national body for community based regeneration work; includes information about their activities, a directory of members, and contact details.
Gordon Brown is Innocent
- Campaign to clear a Scottish whistle-blower who was sentenced to five years imprisonment by a Namibian court.
The Hebridean Trust
- Dedicated to preserving the unique Hebridean way of life, and to secure the future of communities in the isles. Information about projects, newsletters, ways to help, and contacts.
MyGov.scot: Support After You Report a Crime
- Offers advice on reporting crime, arrest and prosecution, sentencing, and contact details.
One Parent Families Scotland
- Information, links and resources for single parents in Scotland.
Positive Action in Housing Ltd
- Charity for ethnic minorities; includes, profile, details of membership, articles, news, how to volunteer and training.
The Refugee Survival Trust
- Provides small grant support to refugee families. Details of patrons, trustees, activities and links.
Rural Housing Service
- Provides help and support on housing issues. Includes information about what they do, who they are, case studies, news and information, and contact information.
Scotland's Gardens Scheme
- Charity which raises funds by facilitating the opening of gardens throughout Scotland to the public. Includes information about the beneficiaries and viewing gardens.
Scottish Association for Mental Health
- Offers profile of aims, advice on illness, services offered and contact details.
Scottish Friends of Israel
- Supporting and promoting universal freedoms, human rights and social justice for Israel and all freedom loving peoples; includes group profile, news, and contacts.
The Scottish Poppy Appeal
- Offers practical support to ex-Service people, their families and dependents in need. Includes an online donation service, support information and contact details.
Scottish Refugee Council
- Offers advice, information and assistance to asylum seekers and refugees in Scotland. Details of events, publications, news, jobs and volunteering.
- Provides housing advice, support for homeless families, support for rural communities, and advocacy. Includes housing advice, campaign information, how to help, jobs and programmes.
Social Enterprise Scotland
- A membership-led lobbying and campaigning organisation for social enterprise in Scotland. Includes profiles of key personnel and details of events.
Victim Support Scotland
- Offers support to victims and witnesses of crime. Includes directory of local contacts, helpline information, and details of their multi-language assistance.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2016 at 9:05:08 UTC -