become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Aberdeen, City of
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Disability
Aberlour Child Care Trust
- A charity providing residential and community based services for some of Scotland's most vulnerable and disadvantaged children. Details, how to help, and news.
The Advocacy Project
- Supports disabled people, people with mental health issues and older people across Glasgow and South Lanarkshire.
- Charity which enables disabled people to work with professional artists within Stirling, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire. Includes information about projects and artists.
- Supports Camphill Communities and special education in Scotland, where volunteer co-workers live with and care for people with special needs. Includes general information and links to community and school sites.
- Organisation working with disabled people and their carers throughout Scotland. Includes advice, news and information about their activities.
- The Coalition of Carers in Scotland. Includes local groups, young carers' groups, statistics and information for both professional and home carers.
- Non-profit charity providing supported living and person-centred support to people with disabilities and mental health issues.
- A charity providing services for adults and children with learning disabilities across Scotland; information about organisation, services, recruitment, and branch contact details.
Cue and Review
- Independently-funded group, transcribing print magazines and newspapers into audio formats for the benefit of visually- and reading-impaired people. Details of services, partners, and volunteer opportunities.
- Provides a range of services to deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing people, their families and carers, mainly in Edinburgh and the Lothians, but also elsewhere in Scotland. Contact details.
- The oldest charity established for Deaf people in Scotland. Information on services of the organisation.
- Association of deafblind and dual-sensory impaired people offers information about the condition, and about support offered to sufferers, families and carers. Includes event and contact details.
The Dochas Fund
- Scottish charity providing information and support to people affected by Motor Neurone Disease and Guillain-Barré syndrome. History, focus, cards and prints.
Down's Syndrome Scotland
- Information about the condition, with advice and guidance for individuals affected, their families and carers. Includes information about publications, membership and activities of the organisation.
Dreamz 4 U
- Charity dedicated to granting the dreams of sick and disabled children throughout Scotland. Includes information about supporters and donations.
- A membership organisation in Scotland for people with learning disabilities and family carers. Information about their campaigns, services, events and fundraising, and partners.
Epilepsy Action Scotland
- Provides general information about epilepsy, their services and campaigns, and their branch network.
Forse House Residential Nursing Home
- Residential nursing home offering short term or long term health care for people with learning difficulties, disabilities or terminal illness.
Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living
- A user-led organisation that supports and enables disabled people to live independent lives.
- Working in partnership with employers to find work for the disabled in Edinburgh and the Lothians. Summarises legislation and presents project details.
- Provides individualised support to people with learning disabilities in a range of home and community settings. Information on the organisation, and its housing and care services.
Lothian Autistic Society
- Advice and help for parents in the Lothian area of Scotland.
Margaret Blackwood Housing Association
- Housing for disabled people and their families throughout mainland Scotland. Also individually tailored care and support packages. Housing design, adaptations, and access audits.
- Helps disabled and excluded people throughout Scotland achieve their potential. Includes information about activities and fund-raising.
- Communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing including electronic note taking, remote captioning and lipspeaking.
- Works with people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, their family carers and professionals who support them. Information about their network, activities and projects, and their campaigns.
- Social care charity helping people to build independent lives including adult placement, short breaks, supported living and self directed support.
The Royal Blind Asylum and School
- Charity providing for the education, training, employment, care and welfare of blind and visually impaired people in Scotland. Annual report and information on their activities.
Royal National Institute of Blind People, Scotland
- Promotes the interests of people in Scotland with serious sight problems through campaigning on rights and access and delivering services supporting employment, education, families, social care and complex needs.
Scottish Association for Sign Language Interpreters
- Offers details of services provided, on membership, finding an interpreter, news, events, sign video and contact details.
- Seeks to ensure the provision of education, care, support and opportunities for people of all ages with autism in Scotland. Information about their services, and programmes.
Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability
- A partnership of 13 organisations offering advice, consultancy and awareness raising. Information on their campaigns, research, membership, publications and contact details.
The Scottish Council on Deafness
- National co-ordinating body for voluntary and statutory organisations which cater for Deaf, deafened, deafblind and hard of hearing people, their families and carers, and professionals. Information on activities and events.
Scottish Disability Equality Forum
- Organisation dedicated to aiding those affected by disability through fundraising, events and participation from disability groups and individuals.
The Scottish Spina Bifida Association
- Scotland´s voice for spina bifida, hydrocephalus and related conditions. Includes information about services available and fund-raising.
- Free canal cruising in Scotland for people with special needs; includes branch finder, bookings, news, trust history and contacts.
- Non-profit organisation working with people who have impairments to vision and hearing with or without other disabilities.
- Charity which offers support to blind and partially sighted people in the Highlands and Western Isles. Includes details of services and how to donate or volunteer.
Turning Point Scotland
- Charitable organisation listing learning disability, drugs, mental health and homelessness services offered. Includes contact, annual report, newsletter and job vacancy details.
UPDATE: Scotland's National Disability Information Service
- Provide a membership package of disability information, resources and services to organisations and members of the public; information about publications, helpline, and services.
- A charitable organisation offering practical advice, help, and support for blind and visually impaired people in the West of Scotland.
Visual Impairment Scotland
- A national organisation of people who work in the area of visual impairment to help visually impaired children and their parents. Information about their activities.
Walking on Air
- Charity helping wheelchair users to go gliding. Information about the club and the aircraft and full contact details.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 15, 2013 11:59:36 AM EDT -