become an editor
the entire directory
only in Scotland/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Aberdeen, City of
Argyll and Bute
Dumfries and Galloway
Dundee, City of
Edinburgh, City of
Glasgow, City of
Perth and Kinross
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science: Cryptozoology: Sea Serpents and Lake Monsters: The Loch Ness Monster
Society: Ethnicity: Celtic: Scottish
This category in other languages:
- Provides care and support to the homeless and vulnerable in Glasgow, Midlothian and Lanarkshire. Includes details of services and contact information.
- Offers research and consultancy in social policy, equalities, employment, health, children and communities. Includes client portfolio and testimonials.
Blue Triangle (Glasgow) Housing Association
- Works in partnership with nine local authorities, providing supported living accommodation for the homeless. Includes information about individual projects.
Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland
- Charity committed to ending child and family poverty; includes group profile, advice, policies and press releases.
Community Enterprise in Strathclyde
- Organisation for the provision of specialist support and development services to social economy organisations in the childcare, housing and local financial services sectors.
Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland
- A registered charity which offers support to people who have experienced the loss of someone close. Includes contact details of branches throughout Scotland.
Diabetes UK Scotland
- Charity working for people with diabetes in Scotland. Includes information about fund-raising and support available.
- Offers information on the peace camp, stories and legal information.
- Covers the myth, magic, beliefs and baloney, history, mystery and blistery feet upon the walk of Scottish life that is Hogmanay.
- Works with individuals, companies and charitable trusts to match donors with causes. Includes information about applying for a grant and case studies.
- GrampianLife connects communities and businesses in North East Scotland, including a Forum, business listings, events and interactive map.
- Guide to Hogmanay celebrations around Scotland, plus some background to the tradition.
Know the Score
- Scotland's drugs information gateway with information on drugs and the effects of drug misuse.
- Brings together landfill operators and environmental projects which require funding. Includes details of the trust's activities and contact information.
The Merchant Navy Memorial Trust (Scotland)
- Proposed memorial in Leith to commemorate the sacrifice by Scottish Merchant Navy personnel in both war and peacetime.
Money Advice Scotland
- Promotes the development of free, independent money advice and raises standards through training. Includes details of local money advisers and training programmes.
- Registered charity for bereaved parents; includes chat room, message board, and contacts.
The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- Offers vision, objectives, register, requirements to join, publications and further guidance.
One Workplace Equal Rights
- Scottish Executive campaign to raise awareness of racist attitudes. Includes information for trade unions, employers and employees.
Scottish Business in the Community
- A not-for-profit company committed to improve the impact business has on society. Includes information about nationwide objectives and the role of local groups.
- A collection of links to village, town, city and region specific community web sites throughout Scotland.
Scottish Fair Trade Forum
- Support and resources for organisations and individuals to go Fair Trade.
- Offers explanation of ghosts, index of local spirits, gallery, and guestbook.
Scottish Marriage Care
- A national family support charity that specialises in relationships. Includes information about the charity, counselling and services, training, volunteering, local centres, national office and research.
Simply Scottish Media
- Scottish culture, history, tradition, and current events. Includes radio programs, interviews, prize draws, monthly feature collections, resources, and links.
What sort of Scotland do we want to live in?
- Background information about the millennium debate on Scotland's future, for the world summit on sustainable development held in 2002.
Meeting the Childcare Challenge
- Paper examining the need for a Scottish childcare strategy. (May 19, 1998)
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2014 at 11:28:57 UTC -