become an editor
the entire directory
only in Scotland/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland: Science and Environment
Cairngorms National Park
Dumfries and Galloway
Dundee, City of
Edinburgh, City of
Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
Scottish Association for Marine Science
The Loch Ness Monster
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Science and Environment
Association in Scotland to Research into Astronautics Ltd (ASTRA)
- A spaceflight and astronomical society that meets in Glasgow and Airdrie; they manage Airdrie Public Observatory, and organise rocketry events. Membership information, with events and meeting schedule.
Botanical Society of Scotland
- Offers details of events and lecture programmes.
Caledonian Research Foundation
- Details on how it encourages academic research of international standing in biomedicine and the humanities by awarding fellowships and scholarships, and supporting an International Conference on aspects of the biomedical sciences. Scotland.
Central Scotland Forest
- Environmental regeneration project. Seeks to transform the landscape and quality of life in a swathe between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Overview, projects, news, out and about, getting involved, health and exercise, forest maps and contact.
- Offers details of services, published papers, job vacancies and contacts.
Community Recycling Network for Scotland
- Offers information on aims of organisation, list of members, activities, events, newsletters, FAQ, and contact details.
Core Forest Sites
- A network of special woodlands; includes details of locations, research and publications.
The Environmental Research Institute
- A Thurso based facility capable of undertaking research activities. Information on education and training, facilities, research fields and staff is included. Contact addresses are also available.
Food Certification International
- Certification schemes and quality manuals for companies producing smoked, organic, fresh, smolts and other types of salmon products.
Forestry Commission Scotland
- Offers details of areas covered, industry licences, education and contact information.
Friends of the Earth Scotland
- Covers campaigns on environmental justice, Harris superquarry and genetic modification (GM) of food. Green office guide.
Friends of the River Kelvin
- Offers details of group, aims, news and events and contacts.
Keep Scotland Beautiful
- Includes a variety of national environmental campaigns and programmes, including Keep Scotland Tidy, People and Places, Coastal Campaigns, Waste Aware Scotland, Sustainable Scotland Network, Eco Schools and Eco-Congregation.
- A forecast for the Scottish biting Midge, similar to a weather forecast; includes levels and areas to watch.
Moray Firth Partnership
- Includes information on the area, latest news, group aims, and grants.
National Tree Collections of Scotland
- Information about specimen tree collections in Scotland, whether in public, private or charitable ownership.
NE Scotland Biodiversity
- Promotes action to conserve important species and habitats in Aberdeenshire and Moray. Includes an information and advice section, and details of publications.
NESBReC (North East Scotland Biological Records Centre)
- Collates and disseminates records of flora and fauna in the Grampian area; includes a database, searchable by species, map, or conservation designation.
The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds :: Scotland
- Promotes conservation of birds and other wildlife in Scotland, through the protection and re-creation of habitats. Includes news, history, projects, membership details, listing of reserves, and education programmes.
Scotland's Moorland Forum
- Strives to sustain and enhance the extent, diversity and range of habitats, species and enterprises encompassing moorland.
Scotland's National Nature Reserves
- Includes background information on legislation and management, publications, and news. Also offers a guide to individual reserves with visitor guides.
Scottish Countryside Rangers Association
- An organisation for people who work for Scotland's countryside. Includes history, membership information, and news.
Scottish Crop Research Institute
- Conducts research into plant molecular biology, virology, nematology, pathology, physiology, and metabolism.
- Offers information on historical and up to date matters, locations of specific sites, events and contact details.
Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH)
- Promotes care for the natural heritage, wildlife, habitats, rocks, and landscapes of Scotland. Includes information about their activities and publications, a guide to protected areas and reserves, and background articles.
Scottish Wild Land Group
- Campaign group; includes articles, news and events, explanation of aims, and contact details.
The Shiant Isles
- All about the archaeology, geology, and natural history of the Shiant Isles in North West Scotland, in connection with the book 'Sea Room' by Adam Nicolson, the owner of ths Isles.
- Group of volunteer contributors with an interest in sustainable development.
Sustainable Scotland Network
- Local authorities working together offering details of system, news and events with priority themes.
SW Scotland Branch of Butterfly Conservation
- Offers details of charity, events and projects, sightings, newsletters, reports and contact details.
- Provides information for individuals and businesses taking part, and provides details of the managed woodlands being created.
Zero Waste Scotland
- Information on waste management; includes advice on recycling, reusing, reducing rubbish, with news and links to public awareness sites.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 23, 2013 at 19:48:52 UTC -