become an editor
the entire directory
only in Scotland/Education
Aberdeen, City of
Dumfries and Galloway
Dundee, City of
Edinburgh, City of
Glasgow, City of
Colleges and Universities
Recreation: Motorcycles: Schools: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Education
- Swimming lessons; offers details of booking, tuition, locations and contacts.
Ardroy Outdoor Education Centre
- Offering the outdoor and natural environment to achieve personal and social objectives and team building outcomes for schools, colleges and corporate groups.
BBC Education Scotland
- Resources for schools, organised by age-group.
Carousel Training Centre
- Providers of training in pre-school and nursery nursing throughout Scotland. Includes staff and courses.
- The pages of the largest teaching union in Scotland.
Eco Schools Scotland
- Offers details on aims, how to take part, information and advice, awards, training and events, with contact details.
- National body supporting quality and improvement in Scottish education. Includes remit and key areas of activity.
General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- A body which registers teachers, in existence since 1966.
Higher Still Notes
- Created for people studying Higher Still (NQ) courses. Offers free notes for many subjects at Higher level, including Higher Maths, Higher English and Higher Chemistry.
Home Tuition Scotland
- Nationwide provider of one-to-one tuition for all primary and secondary school subjects. Includes success stories and fees.
Little Stars Nursery
- Group of children's nurseries located in Falkirk, Stirling and Alloa. Includes opening times and details of activities.
- A series of home support materials for Scottish Primary children to help keep them 'on track' with their maths.
- A Scotland based education project dedicated to identifying, nurturing, and encouraging young entrepreneurs.
PlanIT Careers and Education in Scotland
- A website dedicated to providing Careers and Education information for the whole of Scotland.
- Providing details and results of this creative writing competition for Scottish and Russian pupils.
Resources for Learning in Scotland
- Created by the National Library of Scotland and SCRAN, involving over 100 Scottish archives and libraries. Multimedia resources on history and culture.
Schoolhouse Home Education Association
- Information and support to parents and carers throughout Scotland who seek to take personal responsibility for the education of their children, families who have chosen, or are contemplating home-based education; and those who wish to safeguard the right of families to educate in accordance with their own philosophy and with due regard to the wishes and feelings of their children.
- Organises and promotes science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) activities that stimulate interest in science and engineering among school pupils in Scotland.
Scottish Development Education Centre
- Promoting a globally aware approach in the curriculum through the provision of resources.
Scottish Educational Research Association
- Membership organisation that promotes educational research and its application for practitioners. Aims, events, publications and annual conference.
Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust
- Not for profit organisation focused on the training of electrical apprentices. Profile, activities and approved centres.
Scottish Pre-School Play Association
- Charity committed to the development of care and education in pre-school groups, which is Scotland’s largest voluntary sector provider of services to pre-school education and childcare.
Scottish Sensory Centre
- Promotes and supports new developments and effective practices in the education of children and young people with sensory impairments, (visual impairment, deaf and deafblind). Information about their courses, research, publications, and resources.
Scottish Spiritual College
- Non-sectarian teaching College reaching to all who wish to progress in spiritual work; includes details of centres, courses, seminars, and contacts.
- Official clearing service covering Scottish College and Universities. Up-to-date course vacancy listings and entry requirements.
- Portal for Nurseries across Scotland. The site provides on-line viewing of nursery facilities together with advice and information on various childcare related topics. There is also a very useful employment page for nursery staff.
The Smart Way To Learn
- Offers manual or automatic driving tuition throughout West Lothian and Fife. Includes a price guide and information about lessons.
Student Awards Agency
- Details the aims and objectives of this Government funded body and includes application forms, service and support information.
- Designed to open doors for disabled students, this project is a collaboration between six Scottish universities.
- 5-14 Topic Support Materials for teachers and other professionals in the Scottish education sector. Web links, word searches, topic-related bordered paper, and bookmarks.
Usenet uk.education.misc -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 21, 2015 at 14:51:54 UTC -