become an editor
the entire directory
only in Edinburgh,_City_of/Society_and_Culture
Edinburgh, City of
Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland: Society and Culture
The Action Group
- A voluntary organisation that has developed a range of services for people with support needs and learning disabilities and their carers throughout Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh
- Self-funded campaign and social centre, against social, economic and ecological injustice and exploitation. Information, events and contact details.
Citizens Advice Edinburgh
- Provides free, confidential and impartial advice. Includes services offered and information about volunteering.
- Community site with links to local businesses, Burns Club and local golf course.
The Confucius Institute for Scotland
- Promotes educational, economic, and cultural ties between Scotland and China, based at Edinburgh University. In English and Chinese.
Craiglockhart Community Council
- Offers contact information, meeting details, agendas, minutes, local events, news, maps, site links and photographs of views and historical buildings.
- Offers details of location, opening times, and contacts.
- Local community site for with news, links, message boards, classifieds, what's on calendar, weather and general information.
Edinburgh and District Shetland Association
- Caters for the Shetland community, running ceilidh dances in Leith Town Hall and events with a Shetland flavour. Members and friends welcome to come along.
Edinburgh Chiapas Solidarity Group
- Offers details of events, profile, gallery, and contacts.
Edinburgh Community Trust
- Organisation in Scotland's capital setting up "social firms" to provide work and training for people with mental health problems. Typical businesses include catering, laundering, clothes making.
The Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home
- History of the centre, pet care, how to donate or adopt a pet.
Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations Council
- Umbrella body for voluntary organisations in city. Provides advice, information, training and support for networks.
Edinburgh West End Community Council
- A statutory consultee representing the community at the local authority and other public bodies. Includes councillors, meetings and minutes.
Edinburgh Woodcraft Folk
- A progressive movement to develop self confidence, social awareness and empowerment in children and young people. Information about groups and activities in the district; includes news and contacts.
- Registered charity operating in Edinburgh to support people directly or indirectly affected by epilepsy. Includes details of their services, training and education activities.
Friends Of The Award
- An award programme of personal development for all young people in Edinburgh in conjunction with The Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Institut Français d'Ecosse
- The French Institute offers music, theatre, exhibitions, language courses and library.
Murrayfield Community Council
- Serving the communities of Belford, Belmont, Coltbridge, Craigleith, Glendevon, Murrayfield, Ravelston, Roseburn, Saughtonhall and Wester Coates. Mission statement, meetings calendar, minutes and contact details.
Portobello Heritage Trust
- Working to encourage the conservation and enhancement of the historical, architectural and landscape heritage within Portobello.
Queensferry and District Community Council
- Information and issues affecting local residents.
Shakti Women's Aid
- Helps black minority ethnic women who are experiencing domestic, physical or emotional abuse. Information about their refuge, resettlement support, legal advice service, and their emergency helpline.
South East Scotland Regional Scout Council
- Includes details of local scouting activities, including international ventures, plus contact and joining information
South Edinburgh Crime Prevention Panel
- One of twenty CP Panels in the Lothian and Borders Police Area.
Southside and Newington Newsblog
- Offers information and articles on news in the area.
- Not for profit organisation that provides volunteering opportunities abroad for young people aged 16-30.
The Thistle Foundation
- Charity supporting people with disabilities and long term health conditions. Includes services provided and personal testimonies.
- Community website for people who live or work in and around this area of Edinburgh, or are planning to visit.
UNISON City of Edinburgh Branch
- Trade union organisation.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2016 at 8:15:10 UTC -