become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Music
Arts and Entertainment
Aberdeen, City of
Edinburgh, City of
Glasgow, City of
Bands and Artists
Clubs and Venues
Arts: Music: Bands and Artists
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Celtic: By Region: Scottish
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Music
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Celtic: Scottish Gaelic
Andy Stewart: An Illustrated Record
- A tribute to the life and music of one of the most popular Scottish entertainers of the 20th Century. Includes audio and video clips.
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- Founded in 1935 as the first full-time orchestral ensemble in Scotland. Includes a profile of the orchestra, with details of their concert schedule, recordings, reviews, and tickets.
Ceolas celtic music archive
- Celtic music on the net, with reviews, biographies, guides, audio samples, links to real-world and Internet resources, tunes, schedules and instrument guides.
The Consort of Voices
- A group of 12/14 voices specialising in a cappella and small-scale choral music from the 16th century to the present day.
Early 1900's Victrola Music by Sir Harry Lauder
- Early 1900's Music by Harry Lauder, including sound clips.
The Gig Guide
- Listings of live music in Scotland.
Go to dances on Scotlands West Coast with Sound Affair
- If you`ve ever wondered what it`s like being at a dance in the Scottish Highland`s then fire on in.
- Dedicated to the alternative music scene with reviews, news, soundclips and a forum.
The John Murdoch Henderson Collection
- Information about a collection of fiddle and bagpipe music entrusted to the North East Folklore Archive; includes an introduction, catalog, biography, excerpts from Henderson's writings, and archive audio samples.
- News of Americana and roots music events and artists in Scotland.
- Music promotion; offers details of events, venues, booking, and contacts.
Music in Scotland - Scottish, Irish, Celtic, folk
- Scottish music - information and links to Celtic music
- Scottish music of all genres with audio samples and links to artists' websites. CDs, DVDs, videos, and t-shirts.
National Youth Choir of Scotland
- Dedicated to providing singing opportunities for young people across Scotland. Includes information about national or area choirs and educational projects.
- Alternative culture and entertainments portal. Details of events and concerts.
- A global resource supporting, promoting and preserving the treasury and heritage of Celtic Pibroch style piping.
The Piobaireachd Society
- Society with the aim of encouraging the study and playing of piobaireachd, the classical music of the Highland bagpipe. Offers information about the society, its publications, and competitions.
Royal Scottish National Orchestra
- Information about Scotland's national symphony orchestra and its chorus, including concerts, musicians, education and sponsorship; the "news" section includes collected reviews of concerts and CDs.
Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Details of concerts, recordings, concert bookings and a list of classical music links plus sample sound files to download.
Scottish Music Centre
- Promoting music in Scotland. Includes diary of events, composer profiles, details of their collections and archives, and contact details.
Scottish National Opera
- Seating plans and ticket information for their home theatre in Glasgow and other performance locations around Scotland. History of the opera since the 1960s and a list of sets and costumes for hire.
Viper Piper's Bagpipe Tunes
- A searchable database of bagpipe tunes available in many formats.
The Wire Branch of the Clarsach Society
- A global resource supporting, promoting and preserving the treasury and heritage of Celtic clarsach harp music.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2016 at 3:48:21 UTC -