become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Architecture
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture
Architectural Heritage Society of Scotland
- For the study and protection of Scottish Architecture. The society's activities.
- This Grade A listed baronial site dates from 1629. Includes history and photographs.
Carnegie Libraries of Scotland
- An illustrated guide by Gerry Blaikie to the architecture and history of libraries funded by Andrew Carnegie in Scotland.
Doors Open Days
- Your chance to see inside some of Scotland's most interesting buildings, completely free of charge, throughout September each year.
Glasgow and Edinburgh - A Trail of Two Cities
- An exploration of the architecture in and around Scotland's major cities. The featured buildings are illustrated with original drawings.
- Photographs and visitor information on more than 300 historic buildings and sites open to the public, including castles, cathedrals and monasteries, from the official guardian of the built heritage of Scotland. Also details of all listed buildings in Scotland can be searched online.
National Trust for Scotland
- Conservation charity and cares for Scotland's heritage.
- An information hub from the Lighthouse for the built environment in Scotland, covering education, exhibitions, the national programme, planning and urban design. Includes discussion forums.
- An illustrated introduction to dovecotes in Scotland by JK Gillon.
Scottish Vernacular Buildings Working Group
- SVBWG provides a focus for people interested in the traditional buildings of Scotland. Illustrated description of its activities and events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 18, 2014 at 17:13:50 UTC -