become an editor
the entire directory
only in Aberdeenshire/Arts_and_Entertainment
Arts and Entertainment
Aberdeen, City of
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland: Arts and Entertainment
Banff and Buchan Arts Forum
- Voluntary organisation working in to promote the arts in the North Aberdeenshire area.
Buchan Heritage Society
- Founded to keep alive the old and true traditions of Buchan in music, song, verse, drama and dance. Information about membership, Strichen Festival and other events, their magazine, and meetings.
Ceildh Mor Band, The
- Play a mix of traditional, original, Irish, Scottish, French-Canadian, Cape-breton, and European tunes. Contact details, with gig history, details of recordings, and audio samples.
Creative Cultures Scotland
- Arts information website for creative individuals and organisations in the North-East of Scotland.
The Doric Festival
- Annual festival involving local communities across the North-east in celebrating their language, music and traditions. Includes a programme, venue and ticketing information, and a history.
The Elphinstone Kist
- A treasury of language, literature and lore in the Doric (North-East Scots), maintained by the Elphinstone Institute.
The Gordon Gaitherin
- An annual programme for school-children, including two festivals of music, drama and dance, and workshops, based on the traditions of the North-East. Information, background and contact details.
Grampian Association of Storytellers
- Presents storytelling events and workshops, drawing on the culture and traditions of the North East and wider afield. Information about their programme, projects, and news.
- Aberdeenshire Council's information about the museums and visitor centres it operates across the county, with brief description of their collections and exhibitions, opening hours, and location/contact details.
NEAT North East Arts Touring
- Offers touring shows and theatre to Aberdeenshire and Moray. Includes their programme, mailing list, news and contact details.
North East Folklore Archive
- Aberdeesnhire Council Internet resource for the study of the musical traditions and spoken history of the North East. Includes an archive and news.
North East Open Studios (NEOS)
- Annual event when artists, makers and galleries in the area open their doors; an opportunity to meet them and watch them at work. Information, news and contacts.
Scottish Culture and Tradition (SCaT)
- Promotes awareness and growth of Scottish traditional culture, with a series of classes in music, dance and folklore in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. Includes their programme, events diary, newsletters, and contact details
Arts and Entertainment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 14, 2014 at 5:15:08 UTC -