become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Organisations
Science and Environment
Environment - Governmental
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Research Councils
Association of Applied Biologists
- Aims to promote the study of all branches of biology and to foster the practice, growth and development of applied biology. Provides information on publications, conferences and membership.
The British Academy
- The national academy for the humanities and social sciences. Fellowship information, publications, meetings, research funding and reports, other resources.
British Entomology and Natural History Society
- Provides information on membership, the journal, other publications, grants, research and the collecting code.
Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- Professional and examining body for scientists, engineers and other environmental professionals committed to the sustainable management and development of water and the environment. Includes publications, branches and events.
Environmental Policy Development
- Provides guidance to help businesses develop successful environment policies. Includes a blog, sample policy statement and information on obtaining ISO 14001 certification.
Environmental Research Institute
- Organisation undertaking research into a range of environmental topics. Includes news, education, facilities and staff.
The Fairyland Trust
- Aims to encourage conservation by helping children discover nature's magic. Details of fairy fairs, activities and workshops, a fairy places gazetteer, plus information on how to build a magical garden and how to contribute to the charity.
Field Studies Council
- An environmental education organisation committed to helping people understand and be inspired by the natural world.
The Food and Environment Research Agency
- Organisation that aims to support and develop a sustainable food chain and a healthy natural environment, and to protect the global community from biological and chemical risks.
Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- IEMA is an organisation established to promote best practice standards in environmental management, auditing and assessment. Includes information on membership, training, regions, events and publications.
Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES)
- Group aims to raise public awareness of environmental science by supporting professional scientists and academics working in this field. Includes information on membership, news, events, continuing professional development, awards and resources.
Keep Britain Tidy
- Organisation news, publications, training available, events, policy and research, and details of campaigns.
Rowett Research Institute
- Conducts nutrition research to improve food quality and prevent disease. Provides details of research programmes and online copies of publications.
The Royal Institution of Great Britain
- Information on website includes history of the institution, its buildings, current activities.
Royal Microscopical Society
- The Society aims to advance science, develop careers and support wider understanding of science and microscopy. Information on membership, news and events, and publishes the Journal of Microscopy.
Science and Engineering Experiments for Kids
- Organisation based at the University of Cambridge, whose aim is to promote the excitement and fun of science and engineering to children in primary schools using hands-on experiments.
The Society of Environmental Engineering
- Society which exists to promote awareness of the discipline of environmental engineering, and to provide members with information, training and representation within this field.
Sustainable Consumption Institute (The University of Manchester)
- Multidisciplinary centre of global excellence researching major national and international issues associated with sustainability in the retail sector and encouraging consumers to adopt more sustainable lifestyles.
UK Polymer Colloids Forum
- Providing information and contacts on the subject of polymer colloids research in the UK. Includes details of past and future meetings and academic contacts.
United Kingdom & Ireland Controlled Release Society
- UK chapter of the Controlled Release Society. Includes information on membership and the annual newsletter.
Waste Recycling Environmental Limited
- Provides grants under the terms and conditions of the Landfill Communities Fund, to projects which enhance the environment. Includes details of projects throughout the country, plus information about how to apply.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2013 at 11:18:33 UTC -