become an editor
the entire directory
only in Museums/Industry_and_Technology
Science and Environment
Industry and Technology
Reference: Museums: Science: Technology
Bletchley Park - Station X
- World War ll codebreaking centre and home of Colossus, the world’s first semi-programmable computer . Visitor information, news, events and the work of the trust. Bletchley, Buckinghamshire.
Cambridge Museum of Technology
- Preserved Victorian pumping station. Includes functional steam engines and historical engineering items.
The Claymills Pumping Engines Trust
- Society preserving and restoring the steam powered pumping station at Clay Mills, near Burton Upon Trent in Staffordshire. Archives, technical data, online tour and visitor information with dates for next steaming.
Ferguson Family Museum
- Isle of Wight. Museum recording the life and interests of an inventor known for his tractor. Includes biography, information on his monoplane, plough, three point linkage, and tractors, map and contact details.
Ironbridge Gorge Museums
- The Shropshire site of the birth of the Industrial Revolution has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Visitor information and a virtual tour.
London Museum of Water & Steam
- Collection of giant pumping engines in a Victorian waterworks on the Thames, and the history of water supply. Description of the major exhibits and visitor information. London.
The Museum of Power
- Overview and pictures of the museum dedicated to all forms of power, from steam to electric, housed in the Steam Pumping Station at Langford in Essex.
National Brewery Centre
- Brewing collection, including historic equipment, transportation vehicles, pub memorabilia and advertising materials. Location and details of exhibits.
The National Museum of Computing
- Aims to collect and restore computer systems developed in Britain. Exhibits include Colossus, built in 1943. Visitor information, virtual tour, events, news and shop.
Royal Gunpowder Mills, Waltham Abbey
- Open to the public for the first time in 300 years, summer only. Exhibitions on the history of explosives, wildlife and the restoration of a narrow gauge railway. Essex.
Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- Museum of stationary steam engines and land drainage history of the Somerset Levels, at the county's oldest surviving pumping station. Includes details of location, opening times, exhibited engines and how to support their work.
Industry and Technology
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 11, 2015 at 17:48:43 UTC -