become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Museums
Science and Environment
Industry and Technology
Reference: Museums: Science
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
- Science centre and museum devoted to chemistry and how the products of chemistry are used in every day life. Widnes, Cheshire.
The Freud Museum of London
- The London home of Sigmund and his daughter Anna Freud. Now a museum containing Freud's library, and his collection of antiquities.
Glasgow Science Centre
- Hands-on exhibits, science theatre and planetarium. Visitor details and calendar.
The Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery, University of Glasgow
- Collection and web images include rocks and minerals, zoological specimens, human anatomical collection, coins and medals.
Jodrell Bank Visitor Centre
- Visitor details for the Lovell Radio Telescope and the Jodrell Bank Observatory, the astronomy research centre of the University of Manchester. Cheshire.
- Brings together science and biotechnology, research and education, entertainment and ethics. Newcastle upon Tyne.
Magna Science Adventure Centre
- Collection includes architecture, aviation, design, industry, natural sciences, science and technology plus social history. Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
The Manchester Museum
- International collection of natural history artefacts. Newly opened aquarium and vivarium. Site of first international Mummy Tissue Bank.
The Museum Of Science & Industry In Manchester
- Virtual exhibits on everything from locomotives and aircrafts, to photography and nuclear power. Lists exhibitions, collections, events and contact details.
Museum of the History of Science, University of Oxford
- Exhibiting the history of science. Online exhibits include "The Noble Dane: Images of Tycho Brahe" and "The Geometry of War, 1500-1750".
Museum of Victorian Science
- Features a virtual tour of Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory, display of working Geissler, Bouquet, Railway and early x-ray tubes, and electric flame-laden demonstrations. Visits by appointment only. Includes directions. Located in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
National Space Science Centre
- Space museum and discovery centre in Leicester. Ticket and booking details. Site map and attraction information.
The Natural History Museum
- The national museum of natural history. Major research and teaching collections cover botany, entomology, mineralogy, palaeontology and zoology, mainly from the 18th and early 19th centuries. Online tour of the galleries. London
The Observatory Science Centre
- Hands-on science among the domes and telescopes of the former Royal Greenwich Observatory. Herstmonceux, East Sussex.
The Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret
- Britain's oldest surviving operating theatre. Provides history of the museum, details of its facilities, a virtual tour and mailing list. London.
- London museum and library of science. Exhibitions cover all areas of science and technology. Includes online exhibits and a learning area.
South Downs Planetarium
- Seats 100 people. Created to promote a greater public understanding of science and to encourage more young people to take up science as a career. Chichester.
- Museum of science and discovery, with business venue facilities and an IMAX cinema. Includes information about exhibits and online booking. Birmingham.
Whipple Museum of the History of Science
- Science and its applications from physics to phrenology and from magnetism to microscopy. Scientific instruments, models, prints, books, and related objects. Cambridge.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 15, 2013 at 23:13:52 UTC -