become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environment
Science and Environment
Construction and Maintenance
Global Change Impacts and Indicators
Waste and Recycling
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Environment
- Initiative set up by the Wild Media Foundation to use photographers, videographers and sound recordists to focus attention on the need to restore Britain’s battered ecosystems over the next decade.
Association for Environment Conscious Building
- Promotes environmentally responsible practices within building. Includes forum and details of their magazine.
The Association of Commons Registration Authorities
- Supports Commons Registration Officers and staff whose work includes all aspects of common land and town and village greens. History and a list of registration decisions grouped by county.
The British Land Reclamation Society
- A multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary organisation concerned with the reclamation, rehabilitation and restoration of land, including contaminated, derelict and abandoned land from mineral working and former urban and industrial uses.
Centre for Environmental Strategy
- A multi-disciplinary research centre at Surrey University. Research, publications and other resources.
Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment
- CSERGE is an interdisciplinary research centre based at the University of East Anglia. Publications, staff list, partners and other resources.
- Provides UK-wide summaries of the weather month by month, plus day-to-day monitoring of several climatic variables such as the Central England Temperature (CET), England and Wales rainfall (EWP) and England and Wales sunshine (EWSS). Maintained by Philip Eden.
- Supporting local diversity across the UK. Provides details of projects linking arts and environmental fields.
Grazing Advice Partnership
- Partnership of farmers, land managers and conservation organisations that are committed to promoting the benefits of grazing with the natural environment and our cultural heritage in mind.
- Environmental regeneration charity. Partnership with local people, local authorities and business to promote economic and social regeneration by improvements to the local environment.
Grow a Tree for Me
- Project set up by the Woodland Trust so that individuals and businesses can offset their carbon emissions by the planting of trees.
Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership
- Action and advisory group promoting the shift to clean low carbon vehicles and fuels.
My Zero Waste
- Details daily accounts and practical advice on how to produce minimal houshold landfill waste in normal family life.
National Flood Forum
- Provides support and advice to communities and individuals that have been flooded and stimulates the formation of community groups in areas at risk of flooding.
Sea Watch Foundation
- UK-based cetacean monitoring unit and charity organisation.
- Supports community and environmental improvement projects through the Landfill Communities Fund. Includes information about funding available, projects supported, education activities and news.
- Campaigning and certification body for organic food and farming. Develops and provides practical and sustainable solutions which combine food production and environmental protection and human health.
Tackle Climate Change
- Blog covering climate change news.
Wildlife and Countryside Link
- Brings together environmental voluntary organisations, aiming to maximise efficiency and effectiveness through collaboration. Includes position statements and documents in PDF format, links to work areas, and campaign information.
The Woodland Trust
- Details of the Trust's woodlands and activities taking place in them, of their campaigns, publications and of how to get involved in protecting native woodland.
- The World Wildlife Fund works to conserve biodiversity and address threats to the environment by working with people for sustainable solutions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 7, 2016 at 14:05:04 UTC -